4~ shrinks and girlfriends

Amelia

I text Bethany and Lauren in our private chat after I got home from the party asking them if they wanted to meet up for brunch the next day.

They both text me back early the next morning but I didn't open it until after midday as my lazy ass was still asleep.

I quickly text them to tell them to meet me at the local diner before having a quick shower and changing into a comfy outfit.

My mom was in the kitchen when I walked downstairs.

"Good morning honey, how was the party last night?" She asks me.

"Turns out I hardly knew anyone there so I just decided to come back home. How was the concert?"

"It was very good. I'm going back to work from Monday on though so it will be quiet in the house for awhile again. Will you be okay on your own in the evenings?"

"Of course I will." I smile. "But don't over work this time."

"I won't."

"So are you off Friday for the wedding then?"

"Yeah I am, I'd nearly prefer not to be."

I laugh agreeing with her.

"Anyway I'm going to have some brunch with Beth and Lauren so I'll talk to you in a couple of hours."

"Aright honey enjoy."

~~~~~~~

I pull into a parking space at the almost empty diner.

After I've got everything I get out of the car and make my way in, I see Lauren and Beth sitting across from each other in a booth and I walk up to them before sitting down.

"Hey." They greet me with a smile.

I smile back. "Hey, how did yesterday go?" I ask both of them.

"Well I just had a date with Seth, as you knew so we skipped some classes and went back to his place." Lauren says.

"Well when me and Jake were talking it was really awkward at the start because I was expecting him to tell me that it would have been a mistake and it only almost happened because we were drunk, but it turns out he thought the same thing and we, well, we kissed." Beth explains and both me and Lauren grin.

"That's so cute!" Lauren squeals.

"I know right, now the only one left to get a boyfriend is you Amelia." Beth says.

I roll my eyes. "I seriously don't want one."

"Wait how was your night, you went to Keegan's party didn't you?" Lauren asks.

"Yeah but that didn't last long." I answer.

"What why?" Beth asks.

I explain to them about lunch and then about the party.

"What the hell is wrong with those two?" Lauren asks. "One minute there glaring at each other over a girl and the next thing there both lying to you."

"I'm beyond pissed at them." I answer truthfully.

"Me too!" Bethany days. "Them two seriously need to grow up."