16~ the cafe

I woke up with a seriously bad hangover but it got even worse when I remembered the last thing I done last night.

Not only did I talk to Niall, I kissed him! What sort of drunk idiot does that.

I get up and get myself some painkillers before taking a long hot shower to try make myself feel better.

I got a text from Bethany in our girl group asking if we all wanted to meet up today and get some food. We all agreed before I started getting ready.

I straightened and curled my hair and decided to stay makeup free for today except for lightly filling in my brows.

An hour later we met at a local cafe to have some breakfast.

All the girls looked great for being at a party the night before. They had their makeup done and were in cute outfits.

After we ordered our breakfast we started to chat.

"Wait how come ye don't look like ye have been at a party?" I ask.

"We left early." Lauren says pointing between her and Bethany.

I look beside me at madison who shakes her head. "I spent my night shouting at Matt don't think I was home till seven this morning."

"Just shouting?" Bethany questions with a grin.

"I didn't get with him if that's what your asking." Madison says. "I sat in his car shouting, then crying, then being silent and shouting again. I honestly don't know how I have a voice left."

"What was he doing?" I ask.

"Trying to calm me down and sober me up." Madison answers. "And what about you? I seen you leaving with Niall."

"Oh ya he brought me home." I answer trying to avoid the story around it.

"What happened to the other guy you were with when I left?"

I look at Madison. "I'm glad the drink didn't effect your memory." I say sarcastically. "I made out with him to get at Niall and then Niall went to hit him but I stopped him and he gave me a ride home."

"And?" Lauren says.

"And I was drunk and kissed him and that's all can we please never mention it again."

The girls mouths drop.

"Alright okay look a little less surprised I always do stupid things when I'm drunk."

Bethany's the first to recover.

"Since I didn't know you kissed Niall I kind of-"

The door to the cafe opens and I don't listen to what Bethany has to say when I see the boys walk in one by one.

I look away before I make eye contact with any of them, hoping that Bethany wasn't telling me she invited them.

Madison looks away too and I know she's thinking the same thing.

Unfortunately for us the boys sit on the table next to us.

When I notice Niall looking at me I can feel my cheeks heating up already and I instantly regret not wearing makeup.

It's awkwardly silent until after the boys order and Lauren breaks it.

"What's happening at Halloween?" She asks.

"I haven't heard about any parties yet." Matt says.

Madison looks at her phone as if she has a message but I know she's just awkward about Matt.

"Speaking of parties that one last night was great, wasn't it?" Jake says.

I take a drink of my water.

"Yeah but we missed some stuff after we left, Amelia got with a boy." Bethany says and I start choking on my water.

When I recover Madison starts laughing. "Are You Okay?" She asks between laughs.

I glare at her and she laughs harder.

I look at Matt who is trying to cover the smile on his face before looking at Bethany.

"Yeah she doesn't know his name." Bethany adds.

"There's no point Beth, we already know." Jake says.

I look at Niall and he shrugs. "Matt seen us leaving."

I roll my eyes. "I was drunk."

"More like he's Niall and you had an excuse." Matt jokes.

"Oh ya because you let Madison shout at you because you agree with her." I raise a brow. "I think it's more like you wanted to spend time with her even if it was her shouting."

The waitress comes up with all our food and the table goes silent again.

We eat in silence until Bethany, Lauren, Jake, and Seth stand up.

"We're going on a double date but you guys should stay and chat for awhile." Lauren says but before anyone can answer they're already walking out.

And it's silent again for another ten minutes.

"You wanna go for a walk Matt?" Madison asks standing up.

"Sure." He answers with a smile and gets up too they both leave and it's just me and Niall.

"I'm sorry." I say.

Niall looks at me confused. "What?"

"I shouldn't have kissed that other guy last night just to make you jealous, I shouldn't have stepped in between you and him, I shouldn't have got you to bring me home, and I really shouldn't have kissed you."

"You shouldn't be sorry for any of that." Niall says standing up and coming over to the seat beside me. "I mean kissing the other guy really pissed me off and stepping on front of me, I could've hit you. But other than that I didn't mind the other stuff and you shouldn't apologise for it whether I did or not."

I smile. "Yeah but maybe Matt's right and it was an excuse and that's unfair, I can't kiss you when I'm drunk because I want to. We're not together and it just makes things harder. I'm sorry this probably makes no sense."

Niall nods his head in understanding. "Don't apologise to me again, okay? I should be the one who's apologising, and I will for as long as I can speak."

"I seriously wish you didn't kiss her." I say.

"I do too. I'm sorry."

I stand up smiling although there's tears in my eyes.

"Give me a hug because I'll probably leave here and ignore you for another few weeks." I say holding out my arms.

Niall stands up and embraces me tightly. I rest my head on his chest and close my eyes savouring the moment.

When I eventually pull out of the hug I smile at Niall and leave wordlessly.

Why did he kiss that damn girl.