20~ revelations and questions

Niall

One sentence. One fucking sentence and we were back to ignoring each other.

It was two days since the party, two days since I'd last seen Amelia. Matt and I kept what happened from everyone else but they were all guessing something happened since Amelia started avoiding everyone and when you did see her she was in a trance. She hadn't wore makeup or a normal outfit since, not that she looked worse but it wasn't Amelia who sat with us at lunch.

The worst thing about it is Caroline's smug little face. She even followed me into the party after that but all I went in for was my jacket before I went home.

I probably didn't handle it the best. No probably about it, I just didn't.

Caroline's words kept ringing in my head every chance they got, your anorexic slut of an ex thinks she's having your baby.

I could've killed her for speaking about Amelia like that, but I doubt that would've helped the situation.

I'd tried calling Amelia a few times, knowing that she wouldn't answer, I'm not quite sure what I'd do if she did.

"Just tell me what happened with Amelia!" Madison says as we walk down the school hallway.

It was the end of the day and Amelia had been avoiding conversation with anyone, she'd even left school before last class.

"How am I supposed to know?" I Ask.

"Oh I don't know?" She says sarcastically. "You were the only one sober at the party so I suppose you'd know nothing."

"What makes you think whatever happened was at the party?"

"It was the last time she was acting normal." Madison says in a 'duh' tone.

"Well I don't know, go ask someone else." I say losing my patience.

"Why aren't you worried if you don't know? She looks depressed. Niall, I know that your really like her and that you still care for her, so why are you letting her feel like that? Why are you not trying everything to make her feel better?"

I run my hand through my hair, frustrated.

"Last I know, before that party you and Amelia were like best friends. How come you've not looked at each other once since?"

"What If It's because it's affecting me too?" I say getting annoyed.

Madison rolls her eyes. "Well you seem to be handling it a lot fucking better than Amelia. You know what I take back everything about you liking and caring for her. It's obvious the only person that matters to you is you."

With that Madison walked away from me., leaving me feeling like an absolute dick.

Once I got into the car I went where I should've gone straight after the party.

Amelia's car was in the drive when I got there, so I knew she was home. I also knew that didn't mean she'd open the door to me.

And I was right. I've been sitting beside her door for about and hour now. The thing that kept me going was I knew she was sitting the other side.

"Amelia, I've been an absolute dick to you in the last few days. I've avoided you, I haven't even asked if you were okay because I was to focused on myself. I forgot that you were going through this too. Probably even worse than me and I still haven't been there for you." I tell her. "I shouldn't have walked away at that party, I should've stayed and been there for you. But I will be now, okay? I promise."