5~ secrets and lies

Amelia

"I'm really confused dad, you think you could help me figure out what I'm doing?" I ask looking at the picture of him, me and my mom that we had in a frame at his grave.

I was currently sitting talking to him, I hadn't been here in ages because it always made everything even more real every time I came here.

"I keep going over it in my head and everything's kind of blurry as if I was drunk. I don't know whether or not I overreacted and then all of a sudden just dropped it, but I had only realised I liked Niall and then he gets a girlfriend and I just wasn't in the mood to talk to him about anything."

"Oh my god I'm confusing myself."

I smile at the photo. "I wish you were here to give me some advice, even if it was the worst advice in the world."

A tear escapes my eye and I quickly wipe it away.

"Joan's weddings on Friday. Me and mom are going for you." I laugh. "Even though I know she was as much of a judgemental person to you, but I know you loved her and she loved you so that's enough to keep me putting up with her. I don't think she really understands that what she's saying people take seriously."

I sit and talk to my dad for awhile before standing up and wiping the dirt off me.

"I'll come see you soon, promise. I'm going to sort my head out and make you proud."

I walk back to my car before driving home and I spend the rest of the evening thinking.

The next morning I got to school a little earlier so that I wouldn't be late for assembly again. I had been lost in thought since yesterday evening and everything was going in a kind of haze, like I knew what was happening but it was as if I wasn't really there I was so lost in thought.

I was sitting in assembly when Matt finally spoke to me since the weekend.

"Hey Amelia." He says quietly almost as if he was scared to talk to me.

I look at him with s small smile. "I'm not annoyed at Niall so I can't be annoyed with you."

His face breaks out in a grin. "Thank god, I've been worried that you'd go all pissed Amelia on me. Niall came back late to the class after lunch yesterday and he puffed, I thought ye had a shouting match."

I shake my head. "It wasn't me who tired him and I'm pretty sure it wasn't shouting either, well actually it could've easily been just not the same way as you thought."

Matts eyes widen and he smirks. "That sounds a lot more like Niall, going to go apologising to someone and ending up getting caught up with another girl."

The rest of the group walk in, adding on Caroline and her two minions, and sit down all around us.

I watch as Caroline sits on Niall's lap and he smirks before kissing her.

Matt whistles and Niall and Caroline turn around to look at both of us.

Matt makes a comment about how the old Niall is back while Caroline just stares at me with a smirk.

"What about you two? Both here so early, what were ye doing?" Caroline looks between me and Matt.

"Talking." I say at the same time Matt says. "We have never slept together."

"Oh how silly of me to ask, I should've known there's a reason your known as virgin girl." Caroline says, and I knew she had that planned all along.

Niall almost choked on the water he was drinking and Matt tried to cover up a chuckle with a cough as did Jake and Seth.

Both Lauren and Bethany hit their boyfriends, well I'm not sure if Beth and Jake are officially going out.