28 ~ nights out and new things

Amelia

After the last time the group had been together we decided that a night out was in order (although I wouldn't be drinking, I didn't mind). Since then Bethany has found herself a new group of friends, and although she stayed in contact with Lauren it didn't effect our friendship, which wasn't really the same since but we were working on

it. Matt and Madison had also broken up, which everyone knew was for the best after Matt didn't stand up for her. Thankfully things weren't that awkward but Madison was set on staying single because she thought it would make it worse, even though her and Jake have been close for awhile now she says they're just friends.

Tonight was the night we planned to go out on and we all decided to get ready at Jakes house because it would be empty, and as the boys had some pre drinks downstairs, the girls and I got ready upstairs.

After we've finished getting ready and have taken a few pictures, we begin to make our way down to the boys.

"Shit I forgot to do highlight." Madison groans turning around on the steps. "I'll be down in a minute."

Lauren and I find the boys in the kitchen, sitting around listening to music. I make my way over to Niall and Lauren does to Seth.

I notice Jake looking away from the door, probably wondering where Madison is.

"Hey baby." Niall wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me towards him.

"How's it going?" I ask.

Niall shrugs. "Better now that your here."

I feel someone tap my shoulder and I turn around to see Jake looking surprisingly nervous.

"Can we talk for a minute?" He asks me and I nod my head.

As he walks over to the other side of the room I turn around and give Niall a kiss on the cheek. "I'll be back in a minute."

Niall rolls his eyes but has a cheeky grin on his face so I know that he's only messing and he's not actually annoyed at me going for a chat with Jake.

"What's got you so nervous all of a sudden?" I ask Jake once I'm beside him.

"I'm sure you could guess."

I grin and nod my head. "Yeah probably, but I want to hear it from you."

Jake chuckles, rolling his eyes. "I like Madison."

"No way." I say, pretending to be shocked before laughing. "Thank god you've finally admitted it, it's taken you awhile."

Jake chuckles shaking his head. "So what do I do? She's giving me vibes that she wants to be single."

"That's probably because she thinks she should be."

"What?"

"Well she doesn't want to make it awkward, for anyone, and she thinks that if she goes out with you that it will."

"So she likes me?"

"Well she's never said it in those words but I'm her best friend and she definitely might."

"Your making me even more nervous, what do I do now?"

"Just be yourself, and add in a bit more flirting. Then eventually be upfront about it, she'll probably like that."

"Alright."

As Jake and I make our way back to the rest of the group, Madison walks into the room too. She raises a brow at me, as if to ask me why I was with Jake and I just shrug. As I sit on Niall's lap, Madison makes her way to sit on the arm of Jakes chair and he smiles at her when she does.