HR8: OBSCURE

A sudden breeze touched his cheek and he finally could feel it. He was not even blinking his eyes at her. His eyes moved down to her lips which were curved up at one side. She knew. She knew it was his plan. But how? He was so cautious that no one will ever doubt on him. And more precisely Ragini who was the only person who knew he wasn't the way he looked.

His ground seemed collapsing beneath his feet. And she could sense his astonishment. "But... What are you talking about?" he suddenly changed the flow of words. "Oh you are such a pretender" she bent her head a bit back. And he was rooted in his place.

"Damn yaar Ragini. The Sanskar Maheshwari can't believe he could not fool an innocent girl who doesn't know anything other than crying over and blaming herself. The girl who can't think out of the brain of her Dadi. The girl who is so mahan that she sacrificed her self respect to protect her sister's ruined marriage. Sarcastic ain't we?" she walked across him and he stood still.

She smirked looking at him. His sweat droplet over his forehead made her smirk darken. "Tchu tchu... Poor you. Assumptions, assumptions and assumptions" she made a pity face.

"You are mistaken" he tried defending. "I'm never" she closed her fist as the heat grew inside her. "You surely thought you won't be caught if you come with a costume. Isn't it?" she crossed her arms.

***Flashback***

Ragini turned after serving Sujata the tea. She saw someone descending the stair flight. He had worn a typical Rajstani dress and his face was covered with the beard. Momentarily he looked at her and she found him familiar. He avoided the eye contact and rushed out of the house with his cloth bundle before she could react.

"Dida who was that?" Ragini asked and Sumi said "Some poor fellow

"Dida who was that?" Ragini asked and Sumi said "Some poor fellow. I just gave him some old clothes" said Dida who walked down the stairs. She felt it weird but could not do anything. She brushed her thoughts and walked to the kitchen.

"99, 100.... I'm coming" Laksh dragged his face out which he had pressed against the Banyan tree. Ragini who came out saw Sanskar who was hiding near a branch. He was alerted by something and rubbed his cheek quickly as if hiding something. She felt she is hallucinating something. But her brain wasn't at peace.

***End of Flashback***

"Now everything is falling in place" the intensity of her gaze deepened. "You are hallucinating things for your own good. And I would suggest you to see a psychiatrist soon. Before you completely lose it" he pretended strong.

"Look who is talking about brain. The one who has no brain. May be I don't have the proofs now but count your days Mr. Sanskar Ramprasad Maheshwari. You will be out of this mask soon. And I will be the proud discoverer of your truth" she took a deep breath.

They looked straight into each others eyes. Life can be sassy sometime. Sometimes the difficulties of our life make us as hard as stone and on the other hand the same difficulties make you the fighter of your own battle.