HR 35: COVERT?

Shekar was in his own world when Sumi placed the tray in front of him. He moved his eyes and realized that he was in his thoughts.

“Are you okay?” Sumi asked concerned. “How  can a father be okay Sumi whose two daughters are going through so much. One is adamant arguing her love is right and the other adamant to protect her sister. What has happened to our kids?” he looked at her helplessly.

“Shona is thinking she will save Ragini staying in Maheshwari Mansion. But from whom is she trying to save her sister. She is in her own world of assumptions.” Sumi said handing him a cup.

Shekar looked at her confused. “Shona is very stubborn. One she assumes something about a person she never changes. Not like Ragini who looks at the things from other person's perspective also. That's why she has brought the good out of Sanskar and Shona due to her assumptions worsened her relationships” Sumi said and Shekar took the cup and looked at his wife.

“Are you taking Ragini's side?” Shekar asked. “I am not taking anyone's side Shekar. I am showing you the mirror. May be I know Ragini from a very short time compared to Swara but as a mother I know the differences between them.” she looked at him.

“I wonder you are not understanding your own daughter” Dida walked and Sumi and Shekar looked at her. Shekar placed the cup and both stood up to face Dida.

“Both Swara and Ragini are my own daughters maa. And I do understand them both. Better than anyone” she said and Dida's eyebrows narrowed.

“If so why are you supporting Ragini who was wrong and not Shona who is ready to do any sacrifice for her sister?” Dida fumed.

“Because Ragini is not wrong.” she turned to Shekar. “Don't distrust your upbringing Shekar. Don't” Sumi pleaded him.

“If Ragini was wrong to stand for her love aren't you wrong? Isn't Shona wrong?” Sumi asked. “That was a different case Sumi” Shekar did not looked at her.

“Why is it different? Just because it is Sanskar? If you have forgotten he stood for Ragini when we all were against her. Have you done this for me? Or Laksh has done it for Shona? When he has done things which anyone in love would do why is it different?” asked Sumi and Shekar had no answer.

“When you gave chance to Swara. You gave yourself a chance then why are you not ready to give a chance to Ragini. Don't be so partial. I know Shona is dear to you because she was deprived of your love for many years. But think once and try to remember. Have you not deprived Ragini also from the same love for years? Then how can you favor Shona and not Lado?” asked Sumi.

“Enough Sumi” Dadi walked to them. “Nobody will take her name in this home. She is dead for us” Dadi stated clearly. “But Maaji” Sumi protested. “I said na enough” Dadi walked from there and Sumi moved her helpless gaze to Shekar. He walked away from there. Sumi watched him and stood there blankly.

“Don't you ever compare Shona with Ragini” Dida warned. “There is no comparison Maa. Ragini is Ragini and Swara is Swara. And who knows it better than me. May be today her destiny is not in her favor. But she will rise rather than blaming fate” Sumi smiled and walked from there leaving Dida confused.

***.***

Ragini looked at Sanskar worried and waited for him to speak. But he was still stunned. “Laksh” they heard Annapurna scream and walked out.

Laksh was walking with the help of two people dangling his hands across each and there was a small cut on his forehead and some bruises across the face.

Sanskar rushed to get hold of Laksh and held him firmly. Adarsh walked and helped him from other side. “Thank you” he smiled at the people who brought Laksh.