HR 30: IMBECILITY

*Note: Words in bold and italics are flashnack.

The sun was at the horizon spreading the orange colour of the dusk. Sanskar was driving the car while he remembered the morning.

He watched Ragini running away from him. What has he done in his life that never he gets what he loves. Closing his burning eyes he let out more tears and took a deep breath.

He drove to Maheshwari Mansion and locked himself in his room. Sujata who was arranging with Annapurna looked at Sanskar and felt the pain on his face. She walked to his room and knocked on the door. “Sanskar” she called but there was no response.

She banged again three to four times but there was no response. “Tujhe meri Kasam hai beta darwaza khol” she demanded. When he still did not open the door she was about move to call others but stopped hearing the creaking sound of the door and looked at it.

She entered Sanskar's room. He was lying crumbled on the bed. Sujata's heart felt sinking looking at her son. She rushed to him and sat near his head and caressed his hair lovingly.

“Sanskar” her soothing voice entered his eardrums and cooled his anxiety. He woke up and hugged his mother in a bone crushing hug and poured out all his emotions. She rubbed his back to console him.

“I really can't tolerate this maa. I can't” he cried bitterly. “What happened beta?” Sujata asked calmly. He could not say it.

“Did she say No?” Sujata asked and Sanskar just nodded his head in negative. “Then why are you crying? Tell me clearly” she brought Sanskar out of the hug and waited for his answer.

He narrated her everything. Sujata's eyes turned painful. “How painful it is for Ragini? She is doing so much. Tolerating so much” Sujata wiped the tears which left her eyes.

“And what do you think of yourself? Why did you even thought of ending your life?” Sujata demanded an answer from Sanskar.

“I felt death maa. When she said 'No' I..” he hiccuped. “I could no more breath and suddenly felt a sharp pain which was killing me. And I did not knew that I will be able to live with that pain” he said painfully.

“And you accepted the defeated beta?” asked she emotionally. “I'm sorry maa” he again hugged Sujata. She consoled him.

“My son will not accept defeat. Not at any cost” she brought him to face her and cupped his face. She kissed his forehead.

“Show her how strong is your love. Show her that you will not give upon her at any cost” Sanskar looked into his mother's determined eyes.

“She might have refused you. But she loves you. You have to make her confess her love and fight for it” Sujata smiled at him with her twinkling eyes. “But Maa” he was unsure.

“Will you be ready to see her killing herself with the pain of being someone else's wife when she loves you?” asked Sujata and Sanskar nodded his head in a no.

“Then my son you have to stop her from doing so. Because she loves you and will never be able to come out of that suffering if she marries someone else. I have seen Ragini only accepting the pain for others and living a suffocated life. Now when she has a chance to get rid off it I feel she should come out of it. Won't you help her to do so?” asked Sujata and Sanskar nodded his head.

“What if I hurt her in this?” he asked confused. “Sure you will hurt her. But this is for a greater good. When she is being stubborn to be selfless and accept whatever suffering the life will bring. You be double stubborn to whisk her away from all this mess” Sujata caressed his forehead and Sanskar smiled and hugged his mother.