HR22: BARREN HEART

It had been a weak that Ragini got discharged from hospital. Sanskar was staying in an apartment he bought. Sujata tried a lot to convince him to return to Maheshwari Mansion but he refused saying he still loved his mother but the people there were not worth considering.

He requested Sujata to move in with him but she refused sighting her duties towards her sasural. Laksh was forgiven by Durga Prasad on Annapurna's insistence. But Ram Prasad wondered how his son was outcast just because he was not Durga Prasad's son but nephew.

Lot of emotional turnovers were happening in Maheshwari Mansion. Uttara was forgiven by all but Sujata did not forgive her.

Swara moved step by step close to become an ideal Bahu of Maheshwaris. She knew she did wrong by distrusting Ragini but she had no courage to face her sister.

Ragini was not aware of all the things happening in Maheshwari Mansion. She did not even knew that Sanskar was living alone. Though she missed him all these days Sumi and Dadi always made her to brush off all the thoughts with their care.

Ragini finally gained enough strength. Sanskar was looking after his company and as it was the newly established firm he was all busy.

His phone ringed and he picked it up still looking at the computer screen. “Hello” he waited for the response. “Hello Sanskar beta” he heard a familiar voice. “Dadi?” he asked confused finally recognizing her voice.

“You called me. Is everything fine?” he asked worried. Dadi smiled at his gesture. “Everything is fine. Actually I called you to check if Ragini can join office from tomorrow?” she asked and waited for his answer.

“Of course Dadi she can. Tell her to be ready in the morning I will pick her” he smiled. “Okay beta thank you” said Dadi. “Beta bhi bolte ho and you thank me also?” asked he and Dadi smiled. “Jeetey Raho” she blessed him and disconnected the call.

Sanskar placed the phone on the table smiling and turned to the computer screen to continue his work. There was a kind of joy in his heart as Ragini was going to return. Still he was not able to name his feelings. Only if he knew he will discover it soon.

***.***

The next day the Sun rose as usual. Sumi was running across the hall and kitchen to prepare the breakfast and Dadi was busy with her Puja. Dadaji had been to walk and Shekar sat in the hall reading the news paper enjoying his tea.

“Ladoo” Sumi screamed from the hall. “Get up beta. You will get late” she said wiping her hands with the napkin. “Where is she going?” Dida asked and Dadi who walked out with the Arthi thal was annoyed with her question. “Oh Bangalan. Don't you interrupt a good work” Dadi walked to Shekar to give him the arthi.

“What did I interrupt? I just asked” Dida looked at Dadi. “Maa. Ragini is going back to work. Nowhere else” Sumi interrupted the further argument she guess might erupt.

“Again? I mean why does she need to go for work?” asked Dida. “So that she stands on her own” Sumi spoke before Shekar or Dadi could reply Dida. “But is that necessary for her? She will be married off soon right?” asked Dida.

“So does that mean she should not be given a chance to build her career?” asked Shekar. “You never gave this opportunity to Shona?” asked Dida infuriating Dadi who was ready to burst.

“Because Shona never asked for it. She was married off soon because she wanted to get married” said Sumi and Dida looked at her surprised.

“Maa” they heard Ragini's voice and looked at the stairs from where Ragini descended. Sumi and Shekar smiled looking at her and Ragini's smile drew a smile on Dadi's face also.