HR 23: CIRCUMNAVIGATE THE FEELINGS

Laksh was in a hurry to leave for the office. “Laksh” Swara called him. He rolled his eyes stopping. “You are still angry on me?” she held his shoulder resting her head over it. He released his hand from her hold and turned.

“You are expecting me to give you an award after whatever happened?” he asked bending his head. “But what have I done? I just told the truth” she said casually. “A fabricated truth” Laksh corrected her.

“I had told you that Bhai was misunderstood that he killed Kavita but you assumed it completely different and your same truth like lie spoiled everything. Look at our family it is broken beyond repair. And I hold you responsible for it. Happy with the reward now? Let me go” he turned to walk.

“All was a lie” she said as her throat choked. He stopped his steps. “Everything was a lie. You told a lie that you loved me” she said looking at his back.

“Sadly” he turned. “You are making me feel the same” he left from there after what looked like a confession.

Swara stood watching Laksh with her broken heart. She felt lonely. Now she did not had that sister also with whom she could share her sorrows.

Laksh sat inside the car and ignited the engine and drove off to the office.

***.***

Sanskar was continuously banging at the honk outside Badi. He felt a grip on his hand and looked up to find Dadi standing outside holding his hand. He gave her a sheepish smile before gulping in scared.

“Why is that you hate my peaceful morning?” Dadi crossed her arms. “I was waiting for Ragini” he said. “She is gone an hour ago” said Dadi.

“Where?” Sanskar asked worried. “To the same place you take her everyday. Office” Dadi grinned at him. “But everyday she waits for me” he said sad.

“She said she doesn't want to bother you more and she can travel using the public transport” said Dadi and then walked inside the home. Sanskar was lost in his thoughts for some time.

He drove the the car to office. As soon as he entered he stopped at Shreya. “Shreya did Ragini come?” asked he placing his hand on the reception.

Shreya who was talking over the phone placed her hand on the phone ear piece. “Yes sir. Just fifteen minutes ago” she said and got back to the call. Sanskar pressed his lips against each other turning.

He walked to the cabin and found Ragini busy in her work. She did not even look up at him. He felt it weird. “What took you so long to reach office though you left an hour ago?” asked Sanskar coldly.

Ragini who was busy looking into a file looked up at Sanskar who was standing with crossed arms. “Hun?” she was confused initially. “The public transport of course we aren't in Japan to have bullet trains” she said looking back into the file.

Sanskar rolled his eyes fuming. He held the file in Ragini's hand and kept it aside folding. “Sanskar” Ragini whined looking up at him.

“What's wrong with you?” asked he sitting on the chair in front of her. “With me? What is wrong with you?” she placed her hand on the file and Sanskar stopped her by placing his hand over her hand.

She quickly withdrew her hand. “Let me finish my work. Otherwise I will be late in the evening” she complained. “You know in the evening the traffic will be at peak” she said pleading.

“Oh” he stood up from the chair. “You are avoiding me” he said pained. Ragini cocked her eye brows. “Why will I do that?” she asked him.