HR 61: Hate? Really

The wound in her back still hurt when Ragini opened her eyes with slight memories of things before she went unconscious. Her ears still had the voice which belonged to her husband trying to comfort her. Slowly she tried to register what was around her.

"Dadi?" she quizzically looked at her grand mother Parvati who was watching her in hope and happiness. "Oh my Lado" she grabbed Ragini in a bone crushing hug. "I am so happy that you are finally awake" she sobbed cupping Ragini's cheek. Ragini smiled back assuring. She tried to sit up but the shooting pain in her back made her fall on the bed again. "Ouch" she shrieked trying to touch the wound.

"No.. Lado.. Lie on the bed. You need to take rest" her grand father spoke from beside Parvati concerned. "Where is Sanskar?" she needed to know where was her husband who was on the verge of getting killed. She might have saved him from Adarsh who was threatened to kill Sanskar but there were people who wanted him dead for the reason she was unknown of. May be she knew.

"He wasn't here when we arrived." She heard a voice turned to look on the other side. Her father was sitting on a chair with his face still stiff. He was still angry. "How did you people came to know about me then?" she asked confused. "He had called me" Sharmishta walked inside the room with the doctor.

Ragini wasn't sure what was happening around her. She had to see him now. She stopped the nurse who was injecting her with the medicine and removed the pins which had pierced her skin to test her vitals. "Hey relax" the doctor tried to calm her. "Where is my husband? I want to see him now" she said controlling her paining throat. "How long I was out?" she asked the doctor.

"Not long. Just few hours" he tried to make her sit on the bed but she refused. "No...no... I can't calm down. There are people trying to kill him and you want me to relax? I can't" she cried. "I don't even know how he is right now?" she held her forehead trying to suppress the growing headache.

"He is going to be alright" she felt a hand on her shoulder and turned to look at her father who was trying to hold her steady. She first could not believe that he was trying to calm her. He was trying to calm her mentioning her husband whom he hated with no regard.

He finally made her sit on the bed and dragged the chair facing her. Holding her hands caring he smiled at her kindly. "He will be fine Lado" and the name which rolled out of her father's tongue was the most soothing thing she ever needed.

"He has to be" he kissed her hands and she hugged him this time letting all her tears on his shoulder. He patted her back and she relaxed a bit and the nurse injected her the medicine finally and fixed the apparatus which were tracking her vitals.

The sleep seemed like temporarily making her forget the worries and everything in her head.

***.***

"What were you thinking that this all will be that easy?"

Sanskar's head was pulled up to look at his enemy who was faceless all this time. But was he really? Instead of anger he showed him his sarcastic smile which sure dug deeper than the real dagger would ever.

"You need me" he spoke with his ragged breaths smirking with his bleeding lips and morphed eye. His head fell back with the force and he glanced at his brothers who were tied lifelessly to the chairs in front of him. The virtual reality he created had turned into a reality now. But the only satisfaction was his wife was safe. She was saved and she is unconscious that means she wont land herself in a new trouble sooner or later.

"Have you ever thought your smartness really is your enemy? Because if you weren't smart the way you are lot of things would have been easy. Isn't it? Including the deaths of people you love" he bent to Sanskar.