HR 39: TWO KNIGHTS DEFENSE

Sanskar closed his eyes once and opened them again as he sat on the bed of the guest room. He turned to the table to grab a glass of water and started gulping it down.

He was startled when he heard the creaking sound of the door.

He placed the glass aside and looked at the person who was in front of him with narrowed eyebrows.

Ragini held the mobile in her hand more tightly.

"I'm done"

His words kept ringing in her mind. She looked at the door of the guest room.

Her mind was still wandering in the city of words which left Sanskar's mouth from past few days.

She placed her hand over the door and thought for a second.

As she opened the door she found Sanskar lying on the bed with his eyes cloaked behind his shoulder which was resting on the forehead.

She slowly walked and stood beside the bed. She moved her hand to wake him up but stopped herself.

She took a deep breath closing her eyes and looked at him again.

And then her eyes moved to the phone in her hand which she squeezed.

She buried it in her fist and walked out closing the room door behind her. She once again looked at the door before waking back to her room.

She threw the phone on the bed and collapsed on the floor as the tears flooded her eyes.

She placed her head on the bed and sat beside it and shedding more and more tears as the time passed.

***.****

Ragini was awaken due to the loud noises. She looked around and found herself on the cold floor and Sanskar near the dressing table adjusting his tie.

It hurt her that he was ignoring her so badly.  Again the tears broke out of her eyes.

She pursed her lips and got up from the floor still looking at him.

He was near the door holding his brief case when he was stopped by Ragini's voice.

"From when have you become so heartless?" she asked him in choking voice.

"From the time you became so interfering and distant" he cocked his head towards her but did not turn.

"Oh" her shivering eyes dropped a tear and she smiled painfully.

"It's fine" she wiped her cheek. He turned and looked at her with confusion lacing his face.

"It ain't the first time" she smiled at him pursing her lips.

"I have been rejected many a times and now it really doesn't matter" she gave him a painful smile which like a dagger pierced his skin deep and set the nerves in fire of pain.

He closed his eyes and the upper eye lid of his cloaked the tear developing in his eyes and he was too cautious about moving his epiglottis which may give up and reveal the flooding emotions he was trying to subside.

He opened his eyes when his mind and heart battled whether it's the right time.

Right time to let Ragini know that his emotions are being confided.

He gathered all his courage and looked into her eyes and the moment was lost.

He turned without a reply. Ragini moved her lips to control the cry which was dying in her throat only.

But her tears did not stop flowing.

She moved her eyes to control the tears. It helped for sometime.