chapter one

-'Falling' — Book One of Daniel Seavey Series-

ayla's pov |

I saw Daniel's beautiful blue eyes staring into mine as he was trying not to let go of my hand. "Ayla, please don't go," His voice echoing through my brain like a clock ticking. Suddenly, I was being pulled away from him. His eyes slowly losing hope the farther I was pulled.

I was trying to wish him good luck on his tour, even after their manager said I wasn't good enough to be a guest on the tour. But my angry parents blamed Daniel and the 'Why Don't We' boys for me not having a music career. It wasn't their fault. Since then I've had singing lessons that my mother has arranged, excessively wanting me to perform. I never do. And she hates me for it. But it's like she's living her dream through me. As much as I love music, I didn't want to do it without them.

Tears were filling my eyes rapidly and then I heard a loud bzzzz bzzz bzzz

I opened my eyes, shooting up from my bed as my alarm rang loudly and my nightmare of that day that didn't even happen came to an end. I was panting hard, I slammed my hand on the alarm to stop it's crying. Calling for me to go to school. I rolled out of bed and changed into a decent outfit and left my long wavy hair down. Then, I walked out and went to go fix some breakfast.

"Good morning, Ayla!" my little brother, Carter, shouted as I entered the kitchen. He was only 4, but he was already up and ready before I was. I took him to pre-k class every morning before I went to school. He's like a freakin mini-genius or something, he's so smart, it's crazy. Carter gets straight A's if that's even possible in Pre-K, and his teacher sees a light in him that she hasn't seen in a while. He's one special boy.

We had our usual breakfast of eggos and nutella then proceeded to get in my car and drive away.

If you're wondering where my parents are, they're at work. Like they always are. They came here from Mexico way before I was born to get better lives here. And that's exactly what they did. But just because they did a good deed for themselves, doesn't make them good people.

As I pulled into the driveway loop to Carter's elementary school, I noticed a familiar boy who was driving past the school. Seeing a flash of brown, waved hair, I took my eyes off the road for a second. That boy looked so vaguely familiar.. I don't think-

It can't be him. So, I ignored it. I dropped off Carter and started heading to my school.

I pulled into my parking lot, admiring the huge school. Because even though this place put me through hell for the past 4 years, I'm gonna miss it.

"Here goes," I sighed, heaving my Adidas backpack onto my back. I opened my door, ignoring a herd of girls running past me, slamming the car door shut again. "That's strange," I mumbled under my breath. I kept my pace to go enter. m When I was walking into the building, I couldn't help but see a big crowd of people surrounding something. I honestly didn't have a clue what it was. "Hey, what's going on," I asked a girl who appeared to be a sophomore. "Seriously? You of all people don't know?" She laughed, motioning for me to come into the herd. Weird. I didn't know of anything that I should be knowing. I stood on my tippy toes to get a better view, it didn't work.

But as I was getting closer, I caught those blue eyes. The ones I had fallen in love with 2 years before. Before everything happened.

My jaw fell. Daniel Seavey. He was back. Back from his tour, ready to spend the last semester of high school here. Looking into the crowd of people who were practically praising him, he didn't notice me, until he did. He almost caught my eye, before I quickly rushed past the crowd and hurried to my class, "Ayla! It's him!" The girl called after me, not bothering to actually come catch me. She must not have known. I had to get away. I looked back behind me and saw him. Staring as I tried escaping his presence. Then he smiled. That gap between his teeth looking better than it ever has. I stopped. Turning my body towards the crowd again. I looked him dead in the eye. And I walked away.