chapter eighteen

daniel's pov |

Ayla was still gone. I've tried reaching her phone numerous amounts of times and she never answers. She hasn't answered any of us either.

"Do you think she got hurt?" Carter asked me through tears. He's been so strong these past couple of days. Every morning, for the past three days, the first thing he asks about is Ayla. I had to find the courage in me to tell him the truth. I told him my side of the story and he was speechless. He hasn't spoke to me the same again. He knows I'm the reason she's gone.

I held back my tears, walking over to Jack. He held me tightly as I whimpered, "God, I miss her." Tears flowing and leaving Jacks shirt damp. "I know you do, man"

"Jack, I can't go looking for her. If I see her, she'll probably hate me. She'll say it to my face too. I don't know if I can take that," Jack scoffed at my words. "Daniel. Bro. How many times do I have to say, you guys are made for each other! I promise you. You guys will find your way back to each other. You always do."

I nodded, "I pray to God we do," Just then, Jonah entered the room. Rolling his eyes at my appearance, he went straight to the fridge.

"What was that for," Christina glared from her coffee cup, taking a sip while staring Jonah down. "Daniel needs to quit being a baby and get over it. She's not coming back. Maybe if he realized that, we'd be fine," Jonah shot, slamming the bottle of orange juice on the island. We all glared at him. He stood there, "What? Am I the only one taking in the reality of what's going on here," He pointed to Carter, "Spare the kid some feelings."

"Leave him out of this," I snapped, defending him.

"Daniel and Ayla have been like, in love since they were kids, Jonah," Maya spoke with sincerity. "Yeah. You don't get over something like that in a day," Zach added. "What's your problem, Jonah," Corbyn sassed. Jonah rolled his eyes, slamming the refrigerator door, things crashing inside. "Daniel's so fucking weak! I've been in love with Ayla for years! I see her and Daniel so in love every single day. I'm doing just fine. Daniel just needs to suck it up. Some people have gone through way worse than this."

"Maybe they have. But some people's priorities are different than yours," Christina shot, "Jonah get out."

"Fine," he scoffed as he stormed upstairs, "I never wanted to be here anyways," He slammed his door, causing the house to shake. He didn't come out the rest of the day.

-

"We drove through the entire city," Zach huffed as he entered the house at 11:00, he looked tired and flustered. Maya followed him, "Why didn't you keep driving downtown," She shot angrily, throwing the keys across the floor. "Maya. It's almost midnight. You know I love you and Ayla but, a guy needs his sleep," Zach pointed out. I grew frustrated with him, "You could've kept looking, Zach. Are you kidding me," I spat.

He threw his hands up in frustration, "Look. Sorry that I've drove around town, probably looking like a drug dealer for three hours. I'm really sorry," His voice sounded dreary. I could tell he was sorry.

I sighed, "It's fine, Zach, I'll go looking tomorrow," Maya nosed in, "It's gonna be storming all day tomorrow. That's why I wanted to get it done tonight," She mumbled, nudging Zach. He let out a groan and they walked up together, making up from their stupid argument. "I'm sorry. It's just that she's my best friend," she let out. He hugged her side and softly said, "I know. But we'll find her. She couldn't have gone far."