chapter two

ayla's pov |

I sniffled and grabbed my guitar as the small drops of saltwater escaped my eyes. I leaned against the corner of a wall and dropped to the ground, sobbing. Then i realized, this was my fault, "You're the one who pushed him away, Ayla." So,
I stopped, wiped my tears, and pulled myself together. Then soon walked out, and down the halls, looking down, avoiding everyone's stares that I felt on me.

I hurried to get to Music Class, it was basically a free period because the teacher doesn't really care what we do. Mainly because all she does is watch knitting videos on YouTube the entire class period.

As I entered my music classroom. I looked around for Daniel. I saw him and he was with Jack and Zach, probably telling them what had just happened. Then, right before the bell rang, Corbyn entered, seeing me, he smiled and took a quick seat by me. I was so ready to spill everything to him. I felt extremely close to Corbyn, he was like my big brother. I told him everything. He's the one I stayed in touch with the most. He knew I was sensitive to the Daniel subject, so he didn't talk about him to me.

"Yo Ayla! What's poppin," he greeted me as we did our lame handshake. It consisted of a down bump, top bump, fist bump, and a finger snap. I wasn't too happy about everything at that moment, "Well," and just as I was about to explain, I suddenly felt two hands on my shoulders and turned to see Campbell Roth.

Great.

I rolled my eyes and jokingly said, "What do you want, Cam?"

Campbell was my ex-boyfriend, after Daniel left, our parents set me up with him since they worked with each at a bank. It worked for about a 8 months. I couldn't ever replace Daniel. But even though we broke up, we were still best friends. Cam and Maya were my real friends plus the boys. Everyone else seemed like acquaintances.

"Geez, never mind then," he shot back, I turned to face him and crossed my legs and neatly put my hands in my lap, "Yes, Sir," I said as if I were a queen as a joke, "There, is that better," I shot again immediately throwing away the whole act. "Damn. Someone's in a bad mood," Cam said as he rolled his Dark Brown eyes.

I gasped and playfully slapped his hand. "Whatever!" I continued with an almost straight face, "Just tell me what you want," I laughed. "Oh yeah, I was just gonna ask you something," he started getting nervous and fidgety. "Would you-"

daniel's pov | 

I barged out of the sound booth and was heading to find Jack or Zach or one of the boys. But really, I wanted Ayla.

I was fighting back the tears that were trying to escape my eyes. When I found Jack and he grabbed my shoulders, "Daniel, bro, what happened," that's when he pulled me into the bathroom and I desperately tried stopping my tears.

"Ayla.. Ayla happened," I choked out, Jack just closed his eyes and gave me a 'Bro-Hug' "It's gonna be alright buddy, she'll come around, we've known her since we were kids, she was happiest with you," he tried cheering me up. "But I know I should be stronger than this. I mean I'm crying like a little bitch right now," I laughed, causing us to laugh together. "No, it's okay. It just shows you really love her," Jack spoke.

"Yeah, that's true," I heard Zach say and we both turned to see him flash us a smile while he was standing in front of a urinal. Peeing. Slowly, we just started laughing.

That's a real friendship.

After I washed my face and cleaned myself up, we walked to the music room and the first face I looked for was Ayla's. Her dark wavy hair, paired with a set of gorgeous dark blue-green eyes. Then I remembered to tippy toe because she was short, about 5'3 but I loved everything about her.. Especially her cute little dimples that formed everytime she smiled. But I couldn't find her.