chapter six

ayla's pov |

"Corbyn.. what did you hear," I asked him, with anxiety building to the very tip top of my body. "I may or may not know of someone who found out.." he said with disappointment in his voice as it grew lower. The world seemed to stop, everyone became blurry. I snapped back into it, "Corbyn, what the hell?! Do you know who it was?!" I shouted at him with a tight pain going down my throat.

As the tension in the room grew, a rush of anger came over me. I stormed over to the windows, quickly pulling down the blinds in the room for extra privacy. Without thinking, I went over to Corbyn and shoved him, "Tell me, now" I spoke, wanting an answer.

"I don't know his name, but I told him it wasn't true," he told me. I started to feel nauseous. "Shit, if my mom hears about this.. she'll kill me, she really will," I whispered to myself but everyone heard. I started breathing hard, feeling a panic attack coming on. I slowly calmed down and took a seat.

Daniel started pacing back and forth, not knowing what to do. "Ayla, it'll be okay," He told me.

"No. It won't! I don't wanna lie anymore. I'm telling her. I don't care about the damn consequences. I'm tired of all this bullshit. I'm gonna tell her. Tonight. If she hits me-" I was rambling on, not being able to find anymore words.

"What will you do. Come back to us, trying to hide it?" Daniel said annoyed.

I looked at him, hurt showing in my eyes. He slowly closed his eyes and let out a sigh. "Ayla, I didn't mean it like that," he tried coming closer to me. But I stomped away, put the door. No one came after me. They knew I was angry. I didn't stop marching, until I reached my car. Ready to face the world that was coming at me.

-

As i was driving, i received a text from my mom.

Mom. - Come straight home. Now.

Terrified, I decided to call Daniel with extra worry in my voice as I kept my eyes on the road;

"Daniel, she's onto me."

"Just stay calm"

"She wants me home right away. I'm- I'm scared, Dani"

"Hey, hey, don't be. You'll be okay, alright?"

"You promise?"

"I promise."

"I- I believe you."

"Good, I'll- I'll be right outside if anything were to happen to you."

"Thank you Daniel, bye"

"Bye"

As I got closer to home, my heartbeat grew quicker, faster as I got even closer to my house.

I pulled in, seeing Carter sitting on the steps of my house, I leaped out of the car and I ran up to him. "Carter, why are you out here?" I asked calmly, "Mom, said that we're going away," he said with a confused look on his face. I quickly went for the door, "Carter, stay right there and don't move," I warned as I stormed inside the house.