chapter twenty

daniel's pov |

Ayla opened her eyes and saw my figure standing a few feet away from her. The rain was still pouring down hard on us both. We were getting drenched by the second. Just standing there. Feeling each other's presence. She blinked. I watched the girl I love stand there. Looking more beautiful then ever. I gulped. Not knowing what to do. Then something tugged at my heart. The feeling I had was, not having any emotion at all. I was empty. I wasn't happy. I wasn't sad. I felt nothing. Of course, my head was constantly spinning so much it caused head aches and anger but, I didn't feel anything. When I'm with Ayla, I feel as if everything wrong in my life is okay. She makes everything better.

As if it was an instinct, we looked into each other's eyes through the pouring rain. Rushing through it, we ran and fell into each other's arms. Immediately wanting each other's lips. Feeling the hard brush of her cold lips against mine. I ran my fingers through her soaking wet hair, my hand running smoothly against her jaw. Her hand running down my back. We shared a tender moment, followed by falling in a puddle on the ground. I listened to Ayla's laugh and felt her warmth buzz onto me as I held her the tightest I ever have. "I missed you so much," She whimpered as I glanced down and saw her face. Her skin was glowing and her eyes were shining. I brought her closer to me, "I missed you so much more," I breathed onto her drenched shoulder. Looking into her eyes, I never felt more complete in my entire life.

Holding her, I picked her up with her arms thrown around my neck as I held her legs in my arms. Dashing to a nearby telephone booth. I set her down and immediately plastered her against the wall. Both my hands were pressed above her shoulders, I felt her hands rubbing through the back of my hair and neck as our lips were glued together.

Catching my breath, she jumped up, wrapping her legs around my waist. "What's this for," She huffed, I pulled a strand of hair out of her face and softly said, "Do I have to have a reason," Then tasted her lips once again.

ayla's pov |

He was here.

I opened my eyes and even through glassy eyes and heavy rain, I could still see Daniel from a mile away. His figure was glowing as the entire world surrounded him. We just stood there. Neither one of us knowing what to do. I blinked. I felt a tidal wave of emotions. I was so happy to see Daniel once again. I fought the urge to run up to him and tackle him, showering him with kisses. But I was also scared. What if he wasn't happy to see me? What if he was still angry at me for everything? I wondered if Jonah had told him about the kiss. It was consented but it happened. Unlike the Campbell- I didn't even want to think about that.

Then, I felt myself running towards him, wanting him. Craving him. To my surprise he was running as well. I smacked my lips against his, feeling the relief of finally kissing him again.

I think we both knew everything that happened was forgiven from there.

-

Daniel and I were sitting on the hood of his car that was now parked in front of the beach.

"I'm sorry," He mumbled, his face towards the ocean. I slowly turned towards him, "For what?" I question, placing my hand on top of his.

His eyes began to water, "I wasn't there to protect you. I could've stopped him. I should've stopped him," Daniel's temper began to rise. I reached for his cheek, "Daniel, it's oka-" only to be slapped away, "It's not okay. He could've raped you or done something worse than groping and kissing you. When he did, it would've just happened. All because I wasn't there to stop it," He growled, jumping off the hood while I followed, "I'm sorry," He stopped, letting me comfort him. "I'm trying my best to be the best for you."