chapter four

daniel's pov |

I walked up to the house, and rang the door bell. I could hear the echoing of the bell through her house and we all nervously looked at each other. When finally, she opened the door. A smile on her face that quickly disappeared as soon as she opened the door to see us, "What do you kids want," she asked rudely, making an annoyed face and rolling her eyes.

"Uh, hi, Jes-" Corbyn spoke but was interrupted by her.

"It's Mrs. Santos, thank you," all of our hope plummeted to the ground. She never made us call her by her last name. She always preferred her real name, Jessica, sometimes even Jess.

"Uh- sorry. Yes, Mrs. Santos, we were just wondering if it would be okay if we could, you know, start being able to hang out with Ayla more at school," Zach bravely asked as the rest of us were too afraid to. "Or even out of school," Jonah smoothly added.

Mrs. Santos made another facial expression that told us she didn't want anything to do with us.

"Actually, Ayla told me that she never really liked any of you, especially Daniel," she grumbled, my heart started sinking in my chest, I gulped not knowing what to say, when I peered into the house, and saw Ayla, standing at the bottom of the stairs.

Listening. Shaking her head.

"Mom. That is not true," Ayla said, angrily confronting her mother. She quickly turned to see Ayla and we saw her ears turn bright red with anger.

"Ayla. You get back upstairs right now," she demanded, her voice getting deeper. Ayla stood still, stiff as a board. Not listening to what her mom had to say. She turned to us, "See what you've done to my perfect daughter?! She was fine before you boys came along," she said pointing at us one by one. Then she turned, "Ayla, if you don't stop seeing them, I'll make you do it myself," she threatened. Ayla wasn't having it, she kept her arms crossed in front of her, standing her ground. "What are you gonna do, Mother, keep me in this house forever?" Ayla mumbled seriously. Mrs. Santos glared at her, chest rising up and down from anger. Ayla stood unphased. Her mom turned back at us, "I'll do whatever it takes. I just don't want to see these boys around you ever again."

Then she slammed the door on us. I heard Ayla scream, I threw my body at the door, "No! We have to go back in," My hand was on the doorknob, worry shooting throughout my body. Tears were starting to enter my system. Jack put q hand on my arm, "Daniel, stop. Don't worry, I'm sorry to say this but, you're gonna have to call her later, because right now, we shouldn't risk getting her in anymore trouble then she's already in," I turned and started walking home along with the rest of the guys. Looking back at it. Regretting coming by this house. Because I had only made things worse.

ayla's pov |

I was curled up into a ball in the corner of my room. Carter sitting next to me, trying to soothe me. Holding my hand. I was completely, traumatized.

Right after Mom had slammed the door on the boys, she took a glass vase and shattered it on the ground, causing me to scream. Little Carter started running down stairs, past me and coming up to her screaming, "Don't hurt my sister!" while guarding me and putting himself in front of the battlefield. She shot up her hand and started to swing, when I aggressively grabbed her wrist. Triggered.

"You don't ever. Touch. Him," I growled through gritted teeth and a hand over Carter to protect him.

She angrily pulled her arm away and into the kitchen. Leaving me and Carter alone. She then came back in.