chapter twenty two

ayla's pov |

We were both staring down at the phone, as if it would solve anything. "Ayla-" He started to say, his body very tense. I didn't listen to Daniel. I just reached down and grabbed the phone, "H-Hello?" My voice was shaking as I whispered into my phone that felt like a block of ice.

"Hey, baby girl," a familiar voice spoke, my heart beat slowing back to normal, "Hey! She's my baby girl," Zach huffed before letting out a joking laugh, "Just kidding! Maya is my baby girl," He shouted loud enough for even Daniel to hear. His body eased down, "Jack, back off my woman!" He joked into the phone as I put it on speaker. "What's up?" I spoke calmly, curling myself into Daniel with a blanket covering us both.

"We just wanted to see if you were okay, we saw Daniels story on Snapchat and we were like, 'OmG AyLa's okaY,'" Zach said before I heard Christina shriek. "Get outta my way!" Hearing a small thump, Christina hollered into the phone. "Ayla!" I laughed, propping myself up. "Oh, sorry, Zach. You're just so small," I could hear muffling as she helped up a knocked down Zach. "Christina! I miss you!!" I exclaimed, still showing my excitement on my face even though she couldn't see it. "I've missed you more!!" She paused, "How are you?" Corbyn dumbly asked, poking his nose into our conversation.

"Corbyn." Christina shot before hanging up. "I wonder why it said 'Blocked Caller,'" I questioned, putting my phone on charger on my bedside. "It must've been from the hotel they're staying at or something." Daniel spoke, pulling me back into our position.

"I don't know, but, as I was saying, I can do this."

-

| next morning |

"What're we doing today, Dani?" I mumbled as I wrapped myself into the soft blanket while Daniel was changing into his clothes while in the bathroom. "Whatever you wanna do, it's Wednesday, so there's not much you can do," he said, coming out of the bathroom. I got up and grabbed my gray '1/5 Seavey' shirt and a pair of denim shorts and changed. I didn't really care if Daniel saw me. I walked over to the mirror, getting the necklace Daniel had gotten me weeks ago, trying to lock it around my neck.

While admiring its beauty, Daniel came up behind me and locked it for me like that day at Disney Land. Who would've known that day would be filled with so much emotion.

"Can I go to the square?" I asked, slipping on my checkered Vans. He watched me, and nodded. "But only if I can play with you," He came closer, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Of course you can," I whispered before placing a kiss onto his lips. I chuckled, looking down at our matching shoes. "We are so cute," I joked. I started walking out the bedroom, heading downstairs. I looked over at the stovetop to see it was already 11:37. We stayed up until about 3 am finishing that entire season of Riverdale. Plus a little bit of Pretty Little Liars that I practically forced Daniel to watch.

"Wanna go out to eat?" Daniel offered, rubbing his eyes as he entered the kitchen. "Okay, lunch is on me," I spoke proudly, taking the keys before I approached the door. "You're funny," He chuckled before sneaking the keys away from me, "Lunch is on me."

"Whatever," I scoffed. I stepped in front of the mirror to check my hair, which was just down in my natural, bouncy waves. "Hey," Daniel shot, "Who are you trying to impress," He joked, unlocking the door. "You, you moron," I shot back, pulling a thick strand behind my ear. "You know you don't even have to try to impress me, right?"

"Well," I sighed, "I suppose you think it's very attractive when I snore in my sleep, then?"

Laughing, he said, "Okay first off, you don't even snore and second off, either way, yes, I think you are very cute when you sleep," I rolled my eyes playfully. "Actually. You're just really cute in general." We ate lunch at a nearby Chipotle and after that, we parked our car and headed to the square. Grabbing my guitar out of the back seat, I smiled at Daniel as he reached for his guitar that was sitting right next to mine.