chapter thirty three

tony's pov

"Goodbye, Carter. I'll miss you." I spoke as I watched a pile of dirt rain and seep on top of my child's casket. My heart was still breaking into a million pieces every minute that my baby wasn't here on earth with me. He deserved the entire world. Carter was gonna go places. He was gonna be somebody in this world. But of course. Jessicas' jealousy ruins everything once again.

I walked into my own home and went straight upstairs to Ayla's room. I've been checking in on her daily. I know she must be taking this harder than anyone else. After all it was her little brother. She loved him more than anything in her life. And he was gone, taken in an instant. Like watching your own dream crash and burn before your eyes.

But she wasn't there.

"Ayla? Ayla, where are you?" Looking under the bed, in closets, in every single room in the house, I stumbled into Carters room. No one has touched it. The bed was still not made from the morning of the graduation. His glass of water he left by his bed stand every night was still half full. I haven't had the heart or strength to touch anything. I slowly closed the door and walked out.

I sat down at the kitchen table, my head placed in my hands. Frustration coursing throughout my body and flowing veins. As I looked up, I noticed a fresh piece of paper that had very neat, pretty and familiar writing on it.

-

"Daniel?" I quietly whimpered into the phone "She didn't come to his burying. She didn't come to her own brothers funeral. And now she's gone," I spoke sighing. "I know," Daniel choked. "I thought you were going to fix everything, you always know what to do," I almost yelled. Yes, I was angry. At Daniel for not getting her to stay. At Ayla for leaving. At Carter for dying. At Jessica for killing him. But mostly at myself because I didn't know what to do and if I did, I wouldn't do anything.

I am numb.

Without my children, I am numb.

-

one more short chapter then an epilogue!!

hope you still enjoy this book..

vote/comment !!

6/7/18