chapter twenty three

ayla's pov |

Holding my breath, I could barely choke out any words. I couldn't let my friends know about this though. Then they'd never want me to go. So, I stayed strong.

Ayla - Oh..
Dad - She's back in town.
Ayla - W-What do you mean she's back in town? Is she better?
Dad - I don't know. We can only hope.
Ayla - Dad, that's way too risky. Are you coming to my graduation on Friday?
Dad - I'm gonna be there to see Carter, watch my daughter graduate, and keep you both safe. So, yes.
Ayla - Alright, Dad. Let me know if you find out anything. Love you.
Dad - Love you too.

I hung up my phone. Christina and Maya both staring at me. I sighed, "I was thinking about, maybe just curling my hair and leaving it down. Then maybe a light colored dress?" They stared blankly at me. "Oh, we're buying you a dress tomorrow, Ayla. It's on me," I heard Daniel say as he peered his head into our conversation. Giving him a quick kiss, I looked at Maya and Christina. "What was that conversation with your dad about?" Maya asked me, a look of concern all over her face, then tossing her blonde highlights over her shoulder. Giving a mere smile, I softly said, "Don't worry about it," using the softest voice I could.

"Okay, anyways," Christina pushed it off like nothing, nudging Maya a little. "Maya. Let's go out to eat," She said giving her hands a little clap and getting up. "But I'm not hungr-" widening her eyes, Christina grabbed the keys saying, "Everyone, we're going out to eat!"

Murmurs of not wanting to go flooded the room. Eventually she started pushing everyone out the door. She kept looking at Daniel who looked confused as ever.

Once they were gone, Daniel walked over to me.

"What was that about?" He asked me.

I didn't want to tell him. How could I? It would just give him more of a chance to say I can't go. So instead, I changed the subject. "Wanna go live or something?" I walked over to the counter to grab my phone. He noticed something was up. "Ayla, what's going on?" Grabbing my waist, he pulled me in closer to him, letting me know it was okay to tell him. But I didn't. Now that I think about it, I should have. But I didn't. "Nothing," I lied. Daniel was very unsure about it. But by the time I'd started the live, he couldn't do much about it anyways. After that, he took me to several stores to find a dress for the day that could make or break my entire future.

-

very short chapter.. sorry about that but i absolutely swear that these next chapters are gonna be really intense and i don't wanna throw too much all at once

antyways we hit 1k reads!!! and counting! wow i think that's so cool but yeah don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!!

as always, i love you guys!!

1/15/18