chapter thirteen

ayla's pov |

"Ayla, we're going on an adventure" Daniel had stood in front of the TV and flicked it off. He started gathering his keys and I sat up, "May I ask what kind of adventure?" He took my hand and led me to the car. "No, you may not. It's a surprise,"

Daniel started the engine.

"Dani, you're freaking me out," I laughed as he started driving through a neighborhood in LA where I've never been before. He clutched my hand, "There's nothing to worry about, I know you'll love it." I bit my lip and looked outside the window. Seeing all the street lights and mountains we passed in LA made me wonder more about what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. It made me want to stay in LA longer.

Daniel started slowing down, just as we were approaching a Target store. I felt my lips form a huge grin as I gave him a little shove, "Daniel James Seavey, you did not bring me to a Target for an adventure!" He kept a firm smile on his face as he parked the car. I leaped out before he even stopped driving. I ran over to his side, "Come on! You're going as slow as my grandpa!" I shouted. He put a hurt look on his face, "OuCH that hurt" I gave him a tight hug. "I'm just kidding, my grandpa is the best," He laughed at me while I rolled my eyes and dragged him into the store.

I stepped through the automatic doors and could already smell the popcorn as I entered.

"What are we here for?" I curiously asked. He held onto my hand and quietly said, "For an adventure, dummy" He then led me to the very back of the store, where all the electronics were, including a futuristic robot that "Told the future" Daniel and I thought it was bologna, so we gave it a try.

"Will my band beat One Directions records in the music industry?" Daniel asked. "Yes, that is certain, in 2020, Why Don't We will beat four of One Directions music records." Me and Daniel shot each other a look. I decided to ask him something else, "Will.. Daniel and I get married one day?" I scoffed, clearly joking. Daniel was smiling and laughing. "You and Daniel Seavey will experience many ups and downs, along with heartbreak and death. But, you will eventually help each other and be happy together." My mouth stood open, I looked over to Daniel who gulped with a furrowed brow. Maybe this robot was real. It kinda creeped me out. Grabbing my hand, Daniel moved on to the toy section.

I looked around and found Star Wars swords. Daniel practically bolted over and pulled one out. He started showing off his jedi skills to me. I laughed at him, "Oh my gosh, you're such a nerd" I joked. He took great offense to this and shot, "Fight me!" I shrugged, grabbed a sword and we started fighting.

I jabbed him in the stomach, but he turned and poked me. Just as I tripped and landed on my butt, a worker stopped us. He looked about 19 but had a grim look on his face.

I looked up at him, "Excuse me, sir," I gave a fake smile and the guy reached down to help me up, "You're fine, literally," He looked me up and down. Daniel went over and held my hand. He stepped forward, "Um, I'm so sorry," he glanced down at his name tag that read, 'Alex' "Alex. We were just leaving," He linked our arms and took off. We ran and started dodging every obstacle that came our way. Cookie stands, sample aisles, even people. When I looked back over my shoulder, I saw that Alex was still laughing at us and went back to doing his duties. I slowed down a bit.

Daniel hunched over and whispered, "That guy was totally checking you out," I made a disgusted face, "What?! I didn't even notice," He ran his fingers through his hair, "How could you not? It was so obvious." I placed a finger on my chin, "Hmm, maybe because, the only guy I would ever notice is you," I laughed and we ran over to the toilet paper aisle. Daniel started grabbing packages and started building a fort. I stopped and watched what he was doing, "What on earth, Daniel," He continued stacking up the rolls one on top of the other. "Are you helping or not," he shot. I gathered some different brands of toilet paper and handed them to him.