chapter twenty five

ayla's pov

"Carter! You cheater!" Daniel shouted as he slapped his Uno cards across the table.

We'd decided to pass time by playing card games until Christina, Maya and Corbyn got back home. Carter has been winning every single round. I don't know how he does it. "Guys, I'm going easy on you!" He sneered, dealing out another set of cards to us. After a few minutes, I slid my two cards under the table so I could trick them. Little did I know, Carter caught me out of the corner of his eye. So when I slowly put down my red 3 he calmly said "Uno" before I could react.

"Dang it!" I shouted, peeling off five new cards from the deck. Daniel was up next, putting his last card down. "I win!" He exclaimed, jumping out of his chair and smooth stepping away. I was left in awe. "How?!"

"I got skills, Ayla," Daniel shrugged his shoulders, then put an arm on Carter. "Besides," We heard a ring on our door, "I forgot to mention, this one helped me a little," Smiling he went to unlock the door for Christina, Maya and Corbyn. "We've arrived!" Corbyn boomed as he set down his share of groceries. Christina and Maya followed after him, holding three bags of In-N-Out. Daniels jaw dropped. "My- My true love.."

"Hey. I'm right here," I smarted. He passed me and went to grab a burger and fries from the bag.

"Ayla, you and Carter can finish off the cupcakes. I'll make the frosting with you guys when I'm finished," He said through mouthfuls. We shrugged and began putting the batter into the cupcake liners. Then we preheated the oven and threw them in.

"I'm going to take a shower!" Christina exclaimed walking upstairs. Daniel was still stuffing his face with burger and fries. I took out a cheeseburger and some fries. Then Carter grabbed his kids meal bag.

"So, our plan for tomorrow is that we are leaving around 3:00 pm. Our flight leaves at 3:45 pm. We'll get to Texas around 7:00 and we'll just all go to our homes and Maya, Christina and I decided to get ready at Christina's. So Carter, you get to hang out with the boys!" Carter nodded hesitantly, "What about Dad?" I sighed, "He thinks you should stay with them, just to be safe, trust me, okay." I glanced at Daniel as he wiped a smudge of mayonnaise off his upper lip.

"You guys will come pick us up at Christina's and we'll all ride to the ceremony together, then you," I looked at Carter, "will get to stay with Dad. Sound good?" Carter nodded assuringly.

"I can't wait for tomorrow!" Carter squeaked, digging into his meal.

"Oh and there's the dinner but before that, we get to go around and cherish our halls and school one last time," I told Daniel, reaching for his hand. "That's awesome, we're doing that," Daniel took his last bite and cleaned his hands. "Now let's get this frosting into the baggies," He spoke. We then each chose a color of frosting to use. Carter chose green, Daniel chose blue and I was about to choose between purple and pink when the oven went off. Putting on a mitt, I pulled the piping hot tray out of the oven. Then set it gently on the stove.

Daniel and Carter were already getting the frosting into their bags. I grabbed the purple container and began doing the same.

"This is way harder then it looks," Daniel complained, struggling to get the frosting into the bag. Carter and I chuckled as we easily got all the creamy filling into the bag. "Frick this!" He gave up, twisting the end of the bag and squeezing the frosting out.

"How many should we each decorate?" Carter asked, counting the cupcakes. There were only a dozen, so we each chose four and decorated them. I zig-zagged onto one and did a very thin swirl on another. On my final one, I swirled the lilac color onto the perfect cake. Glancing over, I saw Carter trying to do the same, but it ended up crooked and messy, which made me chuckle. Just before I could see Daniels, I heard him curse under his breath, followed by Corbyn's gasp.

"Wow." Corbyn gasped, his eyes widening. "You've gotten yourself in a pickle there, haven't you, Dani?" Christina shortly came in behind, rubbing her wet hair, she slowly placed a hand over her mouth to hold in her laughter.

"Daniel, we are not eating your cupcakes," Christina shot as she walked into the kitchen and saw Daniel's mess. He had blue frosting seeping from the bag he was using and he'd gotten it all over the marble counter. He even had a little on his nose. Looking at his cupcakes was like looking at the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It was awful. "Awh, where the heck did I go wrong?" He angrily screamed, throwing his bag into the ground and making an even bigger mess.

"You're cleaning that up. Everyone will just have to eat Ayla and Carter's cupcakes since you suck," Jack took a large bite out of one of my purple cakes. "This one is good. Daniel, take some notes," Jack joked as Daniel grabbed on of Carter's cupcakes and ate the thing whole. "It's not fair that my gorgeous girlfriend comes from a family that can do anything and everything!" He defended. Minutes later he cleaned up the mess and I went to take a shower.

-

"What're we watching?" I had finished drying my hair with a towel, trying to control the mass of curls on my head. I eventually couldn't do anything to fix it or help so I just left them and went to the living room to find the whole gang watching a movie, including Jonah.

Sitting between Daniel and Carter, I leaned myself on Daniels shoulder. He ran his fingers through my hair, "You're so beautiful, dude." I laughed at his comment, "Not with this crazy head of hair!" Jonah shook his head, "Ayla you're actually really pretty. I don't know why you're always complaining," He calmly told me, immediately going back to watching the movie. I just stood smiling, not knowing how I should respond.

"Thank you, Jonah!" Christina and Maya shouted at the same time. Daniel smiled, "We're watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," I cuddled into his arm, feeling his warmth buzz onto my body. "Y'all ready for tomorrow?"

-

ughh i suck at writing i'm sorry.

should i keep going on with this book?

i love you guys.

2/3/18