chapter five

ayla's pov | two days later

I had convinced my dad to let me go to school. He said it's only fair, considering the situation. Just as long as I didn't see any of the boys. I had agreed but we both knew I wasn't gonna follow those rules. He came closer to me, "Just keep it as low key as you can, Mom can't find out." I loved my Dad.

So that day, on Friday, I went to school. Trying to avoid everyone due to the bruise my mom had left me the day before.

When I tried asking her, she said no and I walked away but she grabbed my wrist and squeezed it until it was purple and the circulation cut off. It was now blue and purple and I wore a jacket to cover it. I went to the sound booth and Maya along with the rest of the boys were there, ready to pounce on me with hugs.

"AYLA" they all came in on me surrounding me in a group hug, except for Daniel. He saved me for himself. When they let me go, Daniel came up to me and hugged me tightly. Lifting me up, as he set me down, he accidentally hit my wrist. "Mm" I groaned, scrunching my face. Quickly trying to cover it up with a laugh. Eyeing me, Daniel gave me a stern look, "What happened," he said coming closer. Maya noticed too, I nervously looked around, "A, what the hell happened," She growled.

"Nothing," I said shrugging my shoulders, "Ayla. Tell us what the hell happened," Daniel said angrily.

Looking around at all of them, I slowly gave in. I lightly pulled back my sleeve, flinching a little, showing the bruise. Maya looked away, Daniel sighed, walked away, and Corbyn clenched his fists. The other boys were speechless.

I looked over to Daniel, to see him punch the wall, "YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF THAT HOUSE," he shouted at me. I thought about what would happen to Carter. Snapping back to reality. I remained calm, softly saying, "You just don't understand, I can't just leave." Then I walked out. I was scared. I didn't know what else to do. I didn't have anywhere to go. Daniel quickly followed me out.

"Ayla! Come back!" he followed outside. I turned to look at him. "You know we shouldn't be doing this," I said as he gently placed his hand against my cheek, "I know we shouldn't, but since when is love wrong," he put a soft, tender kiss onto my lips as I let him. "Besides, who said it was gonna be easy," he added which caused me to chuckle a little.

"I swear to the Lord above us if she lays another hand on you, I am calling the police." he assured me as he planted a kiss on my forehead. Holding me tightly, I just wanted to stay in his arms and never leave them.

three weeks later

ayla's pov |

I walked into the school, happier than ever. Things have been going absolutely amazing, I couldn't ask for anything better. My mom hasn't had an outburst in the past three weeks, no ones caught on to Daniel and I, and Carter is doing so well in school. It's the beginning of April, I'll be out of high school in about a month. I couldn't ask for anything better.

I ran up to Daniel and pulled him into the sound booth. I then held his cheeks in my hands and gave him a massive kiss on his lips. "How's my super star," he asked planting a ginormous smile on his face.

"She's great," I replied back, grinning ear to ear.

We were finally gonna perform our pairs project in music class today. I dreaded that period the entire day. I didn't want people getting an idea that we were still together. When the period finally came, I was so nervous. I didn't sit by him so it didn't raise suspicion.

"Daniel and Ayla? You're up next," I heard the teacher call. We looked at each other from across the room  and made our ways to the front of the class. Daniel slowly started strumming the tune to 'Perfect' by his favorite artist Ed Sheeran.

"I found a love. For-o-or- me- Darling just dive right in- and follow my lead."

We continued the song, gazing passionately into each other's eyes, I kept looking away every time it happened, causing some people to talk. But I didn't care anymore. I loved Daniel. Nothing could change that.

"We did great!" Daniel hollered as we left the classroom, giving me a kiss on the cheek. I laughed, "Yeah, I guess we did,"

We got an A on the project.

After school that day we all met in sound booth like we usually do, Daniel and I walked in at different times so nothing would look suspicious. As I walked in I saw Corbyn, Maya, Jonah, Jack, Daniel AND Zach, trying to fit on a three person couch.

"OMG Corbyn, get your bony butt off of me!" Maya shouted as she tried shoving him off the couch. Corbyn immediately shot up, "Excuse me? I have an amazing butt, you're just jealous," he said with extra attitude in his voice. Maya rolled her eyes and moved on to trying to push Jonah off. He was surprisingly really good at trying to knock her off and he succeeded. She landed on her butt and put a hurt look on her face.

Zach dove to her side, "Maya, are you okay?!" he said brushing her brown hair with blonde highlights out of her face. She laughed, "Yes, I'm fine," Daniel looked down at them, then to who else was sitting next to him. Starting to push off Jack to make room for me. After a few seconds, Jack plopped onto the ground, with a pouty face, his curls bouncing as he landed, "Geez Daniel, you got a big butt."

Daniel gave a proud grin as he patted the empty seat for me to sit in. I skipped over and fell into the seat. Scooting over so I could rest my body around him and my head on his shoulder. I then linked my fingers into his and we sat there watching everyone else fight about the couch, Jonah completely third wheeling.

"Uh- guys, not to ruin the mood or anything, but Corbyn has some news for you two." Jonah said with slight fear in his voice. Smiling, I looked over to Corbyn, he started looking nervously around for a way out, but he was stuck. That was strange, "Corbyn. What happened," My grin fading as I  started getting anxious taking many steps towards him.

What he told me made my heart drop completely.

-

here's a short chapter for you guys, sorry it's short but i'm gonna make the next one super long, what do you think happened?

anyways, i love you all

vote, comment, share, and stay gold

12/2/17