chapter twenty one

ayla's pov |

My entire world went blank. When I woke up again, I saw nothing but spirals of colors and blurs. I heard shouts of "Doctor! We need a doctor!" from what sounded like Daniel's voice. I could feel my body swinging around as he hurried frantically around. "Hey lady! We need a God damned doctor! Are you deaf?!" Maya was screaming at every nurse and lady behind a counter as she sprinted up and down the halls. Daniel was still carrying me, keeping up with Maya through the buzzing hospital, yet not letting me go. I felt the cold breeze as Daniel ran through the place, I soon came to. Noticing a nearby gurney, he set me on it before calling out for a doctor once again. Maya was out somewhere desperately trying to find someone to help. I slowly forced my eyes open, I saw him, by my side. Fear flooding his face.

"Ayla! Babe!" He reached down to grab my hand when a doctor wheeled me away, my chest becoming tighter and tighter, making it harder to breathe. I struggled lifting my chin, to see Maya with Daniel as she kept him back from following me. The man with a shiny blonde mane and a handsome face made me lay down. Then he placed what looked and felt like a gas mask over my nose and mouth. "Stay calm, it's just putting you to sleep," He spoke very smoothly. He said some other things, but his audio soon faded out so much I couldn't hear. I had many strange episodes while I 'slept.' I don't think I was supposed to feel anything, but I did. I could feel the nurses stabbing needles and IV's into my arms. They were taking my blood pressure which was very high but getting lower back to its normal pace. I could just feel everything they were doing to me, including when they took out pints of blood several times, causing me to feel faint.

At one point, I woke up completely, my heart beating fast, I scanned the room and didn't see Daniel. But seeing Maya, asleep on the couch that was underneath a hanging TV. I peeked out the window and saw him talking with the doctor who looked very satisfied while Daniel looked more worried than ever. He turned to see me and when he saw I was awake he rushed inside the tiny room, "Ayla!" Maya snapped awake. I smiled at him, then went in to hug him, suddenly, my entire body shut down, making it harder to breathe once again, pain was shooting throughout my entire body and Daniel panicked again. Maya panicking this time as well, "What's happening to her?" She creaked threw a scared voice.

Fearfully stepping back, Daniel whispered, "Oh my God. What's going on!?" His now pale-blue eyes began watering and I saw the doctor push him away carelessly, "Her system is low, she hasn't eaten, we've taken at least four pints of her blood, IV's have been put into her, she just needs space," He continued listing more things, Maya getting angrier by the second. "You are all a bunch of dumbasses! You can't fucking take out four damned pints of blood and not expect this kind of outcome! Maybe next time warn us you shit heads," She snapped, I wanted to laugh. Maya was always one to speak her mind, "You didn't think to feed her through some damn tubes or something? Some doctors you are." She ranted. But I silently lay there feeling lifeless. Not an having the strength to have an inch of my body being able to move.

Then I couldn't feel anything. It was as if I was a ghost, I saw everyone. Christina, Carter, Maya, Zach, Corbyn, and Jack surrounding me and then Jonah huddled over my body. Swinging his arm back, he was getting ready to slap me right across my cheek. Before he could, I didn't have time to react, Daniel tackled Jonah to the ground, moving my monitor a little, Corbyn immediately fixing it back to normal. Daniel kept punching him over and over again, up until his knuckles were even more bruised. There was nothing I could do to stop it, I couldn't move any part of my body and I still felt a tightness swelling in my chest.

-

Taking a deep gasp of air. I woke up. Breathing very hard from the nightmare I'd just had. I also felt weird. Like I was on drugs or something.