chapter ten

ayla's pov |

"Christina, where's my freaking goldfish?!" I hollered at the top of my lungs as I searched frequently through the pantry for the huge box of goldfish I had recently bought.

"It's in the thing," she calmly said as she looked up from editing her vlog from yesterday. I threw my hands in the air, "Dude, that doesn't help," She chuckled, "Calm your tits, it's in the second bottom pantry," she pointed to where I hadn't looked. I opened it up and saw my beautiful rainbow goldfish box right there.

I grabbed it and sat down next to Christina, watching her edit. "Bro, you know what we should do?" I suddenly jumped up at the thought of what kind of exciting thing Christina would come up with. "McDonalds!" I shouted. Christina smacked her forehead and shook her head. "Ayla, you're such a dork," she joked as she playfully shoved me, causing me to gasp. "Well what are we doing then?" I sassed throwing my hands on my hips. "Me, you, Corbyn, and Daniel are going on a double date!" she squealed just as Corbyn walked down stairs and entered the room. He had a tired look on his face. "Huh?" he asked dumbfounded as he rubbed his eyes.

"Corbyn, Babe, we're going on a double date tonight with Daniel and Ayla," Christina told him. Corbyn nodded and scratched his head. He looked at me shrugging his shoulders at this thought, "Okay, fine with me."

"Where's Dani?" I asked Corbyn, "He's still in bed,"

"A, you should go scare him or something," Christina suggested as she popped a green goldfish into her mouth as Corbyn went and put an arm beside her. I began darting up the stairs, slowly creeping into Daniels room. My side of the bed completely scrabbled. I rolled in next to him and cuddle him softly. "Mm" he groaned as I peacefully woke him up. "Good morning, Cutie" I whispered as I planted a smooth kiss onto his lips, feeling the warmth of his body fade as I pulled away. "Good morning, Beautiful" he mumbled as I pulled him out of bed. I sat him up and lightly fixed his hair as he stared at me while I did it.

"We are going to go on a double date with Corbyn and Christina tonight," I brushed his hair to the side with my fingers like I did at our first dance Freshman year. I remembered it so clearly, it was the first time Daniel told me he loved me.

| "May I have this dance?" Daniel asked me, giving a slight bow. "Why of course I will, but just let me fix this little piece of hair," I gently brushed it to the side back into its place as he gave a small chuckle. Taking his hands and putting them on the waist of my light blue dress as we danced to 'All of Me' by John Legend. I noticed him getting nervous as we danced, so I tried lightening the mood.

"You know what I've always wanted to do," I joked. He laughed and looked up at his me. I continued, "I really wanna just lay on the beach at night and watch the stars come out above us and just- stargaze the entire night, like in Los Angeles or some other big city," I stopped looking around and put my focus on Daniel, who was staring at me like I was the most amazing thing he'd ever seen.

I was just smiling, "What?"

"Ayla, I love you." He bluntly told me as I kept dancing with the music. I was shocked. "W-What?" I was confused because no one had ever told me they loved me before. Not even my friends. Just Maya and my family. "I love you, Ayla." I smiled, I remember feeling so tongue tied, so, I then faintly replied, "I love you too, Daniel James."

It was simple, but sweet. It's a memory I'll never forget.

We had ended that night with tight hugs, promises that would soon be broken, but fixed again. That night was one of the best nights of my life.