chapter thirty two

daniel's pov

"She didn't come to his burying," her father quietly whispered, feeling more heartbroken than ever, "She didn't come to her own brothers funeral. She's gone," he spoke sighing. "I know," I choked, wanting to punch something. "I thought you were going to fix everything, you always know what to do," he lowly spoke. That made me think. I was supposed to be the one that kept her from leaving. I was seen as the bigger, stronger person. But I was too weak and small to stop her. Now, none of us will ever see again. Standing at the grave, I wanted to die.

"Don't worry, sir. She'll come back. I know it," I lied, "She has to," I breathed. Hoping.

Soon, we left. I wasn't back home. It was just a few hours after Carter's burial. It was now 3:00 am. I couldn't sleep. I still had to go to the house. The boys are probably wondering where I am. I don't care. I just want to shut everything out. I will. That's how I feel about the current situation. Everyone is gonna have a different opinion. Some will miss her. Some will cry. But some will be angry. Maybe think that she's a ridiculous, stupid teenager. That's only what the people who didn't really know her will think. Everyone else is going to feel pity for her. She wouldn't want that. But that won't stop people from thinking that. Nothing will. She was so beautiful and people around town loved her. And now she's gone.

It's like she's dead. But she's not. She's out there somewhere right now. I don't care what anyone says. I'll wait for her. I love Ayla. Ayla Gray. She is the most beautiful girl I've ever met. I've been in love with her since before I knew what love was. Ayla is perfect in every way. She just doesn't know it.

I'll wait for her.

-

last chapter w/ daniel's pov, next is Ayla's father. comment and vote on the book.

hope you're enjoying the last chapters :)

5/28/18