chapter twelve

ayla's pov | a week later

Daniel was making Carter and I pancakes, while I taught Carter the strings to my guitar.

"This one, is a higher note," I said as I pointed and plucked a string, Carter mirrored and awed. "Ayla," Daniel suddenly spoke looking over at his phone. His face had lit up and he was on the verge of jumping up and down. "What?" I slowly set the guitar down and walked over to him.

I looked at his phone, which showed over thousands of comments asking who I was. Daniel had posted the video of us singing in the music store about a week ago, yesterday. He didn't tag me and referred to me as 'Ayla Gray.' The 'Why Don't We' fandom was freaking out, they were frequently claiming they knew me in the comments. Some of them were true. Most of them were false, from people I never even knew of.

"People want to know who you are," he exclaimed, turning his body towards me. I was still shocked, I just stood there. Scrolling through several comments;

wdwreagan: omg who is she?? those voices together!!😍😍😍

jonahs.jawline: HER VOICE!!!!😍HER!😭

typicalseavey: That's true talent. I'm surprised she's not famous!

christy.potts: typicalseavey I am willing to bet that she'll become famous within the next year!!

wdwimagines: I ship

lovinseavey: I swear to God, she was in Logan's vlog last week!

All of the comments made me smile. I felt a hand on top of mine. Looking up to Daniel, "I don't know if it's safe.." I spoke with slight regret. His smile dropped, but he shook his head as he went back to making our pancakes. I made my way back to Carter.

"I'm sorry you can't be famous," He apologized while quietly strumming the note he had just learned. I chuckled, "Carter," ruffling his hair, "I could be famous if I wanted to. It's just not my priority right now." I explained while glancing over to Jonah who was staring at me, smiling. As soon as I caught him, he quickly looking away. Carter threw his hands up, "Why the heck not!" I laughed at his little arms, his slightly heavy cast drooping down. "I just don't think it's the most important thing in the world right now, Carter."

He rolled his eyes, walking over in front of the television that was playing a Spongebob episode.

"The only time I've seen you be really happy, was in that video," he indicated towards the phone that was resting on the counter behind me, "singing is your passion, Ayla. I'm almost this many," holding up five fingers, "and I still know you better than you know yourself."

Looking down at my feet, I slowly realized how right he was. Whenever I sing, it's like being happy in even the darkest of days. I just really can't find words to explain it. I just feel calm, at ease, and just, free. Free from all the troubles in my small world.

Daniel placed a hand on my shoulder, quickly turning around, I clung onto him like a koala. Besides Carter and music, he's the only other thing that makes me happy. "If I ever keep you from being happy, you better tell me," I chuckled at his words, "I'm serious, I don't care if your life involves me or not. I want you happy," he gently ran his fingers through my hair. I rested my hand if his chest, feeling his heartbeat.

"Daniel, my happiness is you," I assured him, leaning in for a kiss. Maya walked in at the wrong moment, her hair a mess, looking like a bird nest. My mouth fell open, "Maya! Did you and Zach just-"