chapter eleven

ayla's pov |

My mouth fell ajar as I dropped Daniels hand and looked beyond the ocean blue sea before me. I looked to Daniel, who just watched my reaction to the beautiful scenery. "Remember during Freshman year, you said you'd always wanted to go stargazing at the beach. Then right after that, I-"

"You told me you loved me." I finished his sentence, recalling that memory I'd really never forget. I stepped over to him, giving him a tight hug feeling his warm body through the chill winds of the night. Pulling him closer to the shores that we approached. Hearing the waves as they crashed against each other. I slipped off my shoes and socks. Stepping closer to the waves. I turned back to Daniel, "Are you coming?" I chuckled as I dipped my feet deeper into the mysterious ocean.

"I'm good, I just want to lay on the sand and look at the stars," He explained glancing up at the night sky. I jokingly rolled my eyes and kept going through the soft waves until i was knee-deep in the water. I looked up at the millions of stars in the sky as I turned back, making my way back to Daniel.

He was laying on his back, scanning the stars above us. I squirmed next to him, listening to the calm noises of the quiet tides leaping strongly onto the other. The sudden waves creeped up onto us, splashing the cold water on our feet, causing Daniel to flinch. I laughed as I cuddled into his chest. Softly listening to his heartbeat that was music to my ears.

I pointed to what looked familiar, "That looks like the 'Big Dipper' doesn't it," I mentioned as I could hear the sounds of crickets chirping as well as the whole sea. "Yeah it does, actually," he focused on the sky for a second then began indicating to something else. "See that thing right there," I scooted closer to see what he was pointing towards. I nodded. "That's the 'Little Dipper,' see how the constellations are forming a much smaller picture and it's nearly identical to the larger one," he explained as I listened and watched his pink lips move freely. Admiring how much he knew about the stars.

I leaned over him and planted a soft kiss onto his lips, feeling the warm texture that made me feel at home. He smiled as I sat up, "I wanna get in the water," I whined. Daniel laughed, "Love, you didn't bring a bathing suit," he pointed out as I slipped off my jacket.

"Who says we need them?" I smirked as I sprinted towards the waves fully dressed as they attacked me, causing me to squeal. He ran in after me, only taking off his shoes and shirt as he lifted me high into the air and proceeded on spinning me around. Only to tackle me into the water. "Daniel James Seavey!" I screamed as I gasped up for air with a huge smile plastered on my lips. I playfully shoved him as he pretended to fall back into the water as I threw my head back in laughter.

He immediately shot up and threw an evil smile my way, followed by him chasing me across the shore.

My soaking dress slowed me down as I was holding it up in a ball. My heavily dampened curls flying behind me as I ran through the small waves crashing against my ankles. Eventually he caught up to me and grabbed me, lifting me up and dragging me to the shore as I couldn't stop my laughter from escaping. He set me down roughly as he put his cold hands on my cheeks, placing a kiss on my icy lips. I bit my lip as I looked away from him, loosening his grip and breaking away once again.

"Ayla Gray Santos!" He hollered through rough laughter as I ran away giggling to myself. I suddenly tripped over a rock and rolled down a hill. Daniel screamed as I felt him rushing over to me.

"Ayla, are you okay?" he spoke with a worried tone. "Yeah I'm okay," I replied, holding my calf. I looked down to see it was bleeding. "Uh oh," Daniel groaned as he quickly grabbed me bridal style and took off running back to where our things were. "Ayla, you're a real idiot," he joked as he wrapped his jacket around my cut, slowing the blood. "Yeah, but you still love me," I gave a huge smile and puckered my lips. Daniel rolled his eyes as he leaned in and kissed me. "You're absolutely right, I love you more than words can explain," He said, gazing into my eyes, as if they were the stars above us.