chapter nine

ayla's pov |

"It's Carter, he's getting checked in the ER right now,"

My heart plummeted to the ground once again like a sinking ship.

"What happened."

"I don't know. I came home and he was in a corner crying. He said Mom did it and-"

I heard him start sniffling, brought on by tears.

"If you saw it Ayla. He was bruised all over his body. Oh God, and his arm. The bone was popped out of the socket, nearly killed him."

I was silent, trying to process what my father was telling me. Feeling a tight knot in my throat, it was like millions of words were trying to escape from my mouth and they just wouldn't come out. I was frozen. Frozen in time. Frozen in fear.

"She's gone. She left Carter for dead and hasn't been seen around town. Police are looking for her,"

I suddenly felt a tidal wave of hate rush over my soul, I threw my phone across the sand dunes and it landed about 30 feet away. Daniel looked at me with a mix of concern and confusion. I was so mad. I screamed, "Why does she ruin everything?! I haven't even been gone for a day. A God damned day! She's already blowing everything to shit. What the hell?! You can't just do that to people you love. You just- you can't." I started tearing up, "You know what?! She can- She can just go to hell. She can got to hell! To hell with her! See if I ever care again. To Hell With Her!" I yelled loudly through angry gritted teeth as Daniel grabbed me and held me in his arms and I held him tightly. Crying, uncontrollably onto his shoulders. He gripped his arms around my head, holding me tightly as I cried.

"Why does she hate us so much," I said through pouring tears running down my cheeks as Daniel continued holding me and rubbing the back of my head. I couldn't stop crying. "Shh. Shh. Ayla. We're all here for you." I cried even harder.

Daniel led me to the car and we drove home. Just as the sun was about to disappear into the night sky. I placed my head on the window like the day we drove to the airport. I was scared to leave. Now I'm scared to go back. I just need to talk to Carter. He has to be okay.

I took a deep breath, "Where's my phone," Christina looked around and pulled it right out, "Here you go," I grabbed it and attempted to call my dad numerous times but he wouldn't answer. "No. No, no, no! This can't be happening," I felt the tears stinging my eyes again, but i held them back.

Once we got home, I ran up to Daniels room and slammed the door. Dropping behind it and curling into a ball. Hiding my tears. I felt as if I was stuck in a nightmare, except I was living in it, and there was no way to wake me up. I heard knocking on the door, then Daniel stepped in. I shot up and leaped into his arms again. He was silent. He held me tightly and rubbed my back to comfort me as I cried loudly onto his shoulders. "Daniel," I pulled loose from the hug, "I love you. I love you so much. Please don't leave me."

He pulled me away, looking deeply into my eyes, "Ayla, baby. You know that's never gonna happen," he told me softly and leaned in, kissing me passionately. I went over and layed on the bed, with Daniel on the opposite side. "So, are you gonna tell me what happened," he asked me as he laced his fingers through my hand. I bluntly said, "Carter's in the hospital." His expression quickly turned cold. "She nearly killed him then left him to die," I said with my voice shaking.

He was silent for a minute, then he exploded.

He shot up and kicked the door open. Causing everyone to rush and see what was going on. He then punched the wall so hard, it made a hole. I saw his fist afterwards, it turned red and purple and had become so swollen. Then he stormed downstairs, flipped a table and threw a chair. I ran after him, watching him destroy almost everything in the house. He shattered glass plates and almost broke their window. Corbyn held Christina back, in fear that he might mistake her for something he could easily throw or hit. Jack stood back, letting Daniel turn everything to bits and pieces. Zach and Jonah were shaking as they watched their band mate turn so angry. They must've never seen him like this. I immediately rushed over and wrapped my arms around him and held him back firmly. Jonah went over to make sure he didn't harm me in any way.