Feuds

Annabeth's POV
"What do you mean you can't go?!" Piper nearly screamed through the phone. I held the phone ten inches away as I she yelled at me. "I'm sorry Pipes but I'm just not feeling it tonight." There was silence for a while making it awkward. "Uh Pipes?"

"Your still not over him." Piper finally spoke causing heat run up my neck.

Piper and I made a deal never to talk about them. It just brought back the good days and we need to move forwards.

I'm done moving forwards. I want to move the opposite way. "Annabeth?" I heard her say causing me to snap out of my thoughts. She doesn't know about the letter. About Jason. This will crush her but it might...make her see that we can't just live like this. Always in denial about our past relationships. "Can you come over?" I asked. "I guess so...when?" "Now." I Said glancing at the beat up letter.

Right as she knocked on the door I flung the door open causing her to almost fall in. "Geesh Annabeth what is so important?!"

I took her arm and brought her up to my room. "Something you need to see." I shut the door and started towards my desk where the letter was. "Your really freaking me out." Piper said as I faced her with the letter. "What is that?"

I handed her the letter and she took it with trembling hands. "Annabeth what-" "Just read it." I said sitting down on my bed. Piper read the letter standing up and I watched her face carefully.

She frowned a couple times and bit her lip at others. "What do you want me to say?" She whispered. I stood up. "Piper we can't give up on these people. They are a huge part of our lives. They deserve to be in America. To be with us"

Piper quickly wiped a tear away that was rolling down her cheek. "Well some of them have obviously moved on. We can too." I could not believe what I was hearing. Piper and Jason were head over heals with each other!

"What are you saying?!" I practically yelled as she just shrugged her shoulders. "You just need to forget about them. It's no big deal—people come and go." I shook my head. "Piper you loved Jason!" Piper's eyes were getting misty. "Well I don't anymore! I was just a stupid American girl that he could play with in the little time he was here and you are too!"

My lip quivered. "I am not a playtoy. Percy loves me." Piper raised an eyebrow. "Annabeth this letter was probably written months ago! He probably has a new lover now!"

I shook my head not wanting to believe anything's coming out of her mouth. "I can't believe your giving up on them! On Jason!" Piper stared at me. "And I can't believe you were dumb enough to think Percy Jackson loved you."

With that she stormed out  of my room leaving me standing there with tears streaming down my cheeks. I lost Percy and now my best friend. Is there even a point to all of this? Percy probably does have someone new. Someone prettier. Someone who's not me. I wanted to scream at Piper for being such a bitch about this but one side of me actually believes she's right about all of this. Percy's gone.