Dreamer

Annabeth's POV
"Yes..I'm Mark, Percy...Jackson?" Mark asked as he tentatively shook Percy's hand. Percy forced a smile. "Yes." I wanted to die right there on the spot. This is by far the most awkward situation I have ever been in. Percy looked at me for a brief second before turning back to Mark. "Do you mind if I talk to Annabeth?" Mark's expression said he would rather let him do anything else but he nodded curtly. "Of course." I squeezed my eyes shut. Poor Mark. First Luke, now Percy?!

Percy and I walked down the sidewalk away from the school. Thank the gods that school only had 15 minutes left or I would be in some serious trouble. Percy had both hands stuffed in his pockets as he faced ahead, not looking at me. I tried not to look at him but I couldn't help myself. He's actually here. Back in New York. I stopped walking. "What are you doing here Percy?" Percy stopped a few feet in front of me and slowly turned towards me. "I..I am back to stay...My family...we got our green cards...our visas.

I wiped my eyes feeling embarrassed that I was crying again. "I just..I can't believe your actually here." Percy looked down and then back up at me moistening his lips. "Me neither."

People walked around us. The noise of New York drowning out Percy and I's awkward silence. He took a step closer to me so we were only two feet apart. "I missed you." He whispered. A quiet sob made its way out of my throat. "I missed you too Percy." He looked like he wanted to say more, to maybe hold my hand but he didn't. He just stood there looking at me. I shook my head pulling him by the front of his shirt and hugging him. His breath hitched when I hugged him but he slowly wrapped his arms around me.

Percy and I continued to walk in silence. Where we are going? I'm not sure. My only thought is how amazing it is that he is back. That he has come back in my life. "How?" I finally asked. Percy looked at me confused. "How what?" "How are you here? What happened? Who let you come back?" Percy sighed hanging his head. "It...it's a long story..for a different time." "Percy I nearly went insane when I lost you. And now your back as if you hadn't. been deported for a whole year!" I shook my head. "This is just to much and I don't know anything and you know I feel about not knowing!" A tiniest hint of a smile made its way across Percy's lips but he quickly replaced it with a thin line when he saw me glaring at him. He sighed "I am sorry Ok? I didn't like being away from you no more than you did. But now that you have clearly moved on..."
Oh no he didn't!
This boy better not be guilt tripping me right now.
"Percy I had too! Did you really think that I would wait for someone who didn't have the chance of coming back?! I thought you left forever!" Percy stopped walking and I took in our surroundings realizing we were in Central Park. Right in front of the oak tree Percy and I would sit in to talk almost every day after school.

"Annabeth I told you we would see each other again! Right before I left I told you that." "And yet you still broke up with me!" I Said rather loudly. Other pedestrians who passed by would look at us. I mean come on! This is New York! Get used to it people!

Percy seemed to be getting frustrated. "I thought that is what you wanted! To take a break while I was gone!" "Ugh! Percy, I thought you wouldn't come back! You made it sound like we didn't have a chance!" Percy closed his eyes as he took a breath. "That is not what happened. I loved you Annabeth and I still do!" I'm crying now as I shook my head. "I can't do this anymore Percy. You need to move on. I have already moved on and I am happy. Why can't you understand that the universe does not want us to be together?"

"Well the universe sent me back to America did it not?" Percy yelled. I put my hands on my ears. "Stop. This..this is not happening. I am dreaming and am about to wake up. Your not here." Percy raised an eyebrow at me before walking up to me grabbing my face and smashing his lips against mine. Defiantly not a Dream.