Prologue for the Epilogue

"One more picture." Helen held the over sized I phone in front of her face as she pressed the whit button multiple times. Percy groaned and Annabeth laughed. "C'mon Percy it's my graduation day." I smiled looking up at him.

Percy looked down with a smile of his own that still took my breath away. "I know but must there be so many pictures?"

"Percy, paramoní akóma kai na travíxete tin fotografía" Sally scolded while taking pictures of her own. Percy rolled his eyes but hugged me closer. "You owe me after this." He murmured into my hair. I smiled shaking my head. Nothing could ruin this day. The day I finally graduate from Goode High and become my own person. Scared? Very. Excited—definitely.

Leaving for Harvard this fall, I will be spending the summer with Percy back at his home in Greece. He still has training and I have always wanted to go to Greece so it worked out perfectly. I would also get to meet Percy's half siblings and his father.

Gods..thinking about Percy's dad scares me to no extent. I would love to punch the old man in the face for abandoning Percy and his family like that but he seems to be trying with Percy so that's all that matters.

Percy wouldn't be graduating due to the fact that he graduated last year when he went to school in Athens. He graduated early to focus on swim so I really didn't see the point of him enrolling at Goode again but he insisted that he wanted to be with me at all times.

"Percy Percy can I come to Greece with you and Annie?" Matthew asked with a small smirk on his face. I glared at him for the infamous nickname but he ignored me.

Percy looked at me. "Hmm let me think about it no."
Matthew pouted while Bobby rolled his eyes. "All they'll be doing is—"
"Hey look at the time let's go." My dad, looking slightly stressed, fiddled with the buttons on his blazer. Helen smiled, wrapping her scarf around her arms. "Let's go graduate!"

I won't put you through the torture of my graduation. My year was pretty big so it took a full three hours including speeches. I had received the honor of being valedictorian of my year which made me feel slightly overwhelmed when I had to go to the podium to give a speech. All of these eyes looking back at me and I just wanted to duck and run.

But then I caught sight of familiar green eyes that shone proudly and I took a deep breath.

"Only attending this school for two years, I can tell you all that I have made some life-long friends and achieved so much more than I would have at my old school."

My eyes traveled among the blue caps and gowns and they stopped on Piper, her cap covered in doodles and her gown unbuttoned at the top. She smiled at me slyly making me smile too.

"I now have friends who I know, will always be part of my life even if they are polar opposite of me and has an outrageously big attitude that makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes."

Piper laughed with tears streaming down her face. I laughed too while also wiping away my own tears.

"And I also have friends who will always have a place in my heart, even if the current standards aren't ideal." My gaze landed on Mark, who looked at me through hooded lids but looked back down.
I pursed my lips with a pause, my eyes finding Percy's once again. Percy's lips were pulled into a small smile—close to a smirk, he winked making me smile.

"There we also the people who impacted my life greatly. People who have been through utter shit."
There were some murmurs at my choice of language and I received looks from teachers but I kept my gaze on Percy's, then Thalia's, who was smiling brightly with a twinkle in her blue eyes. I then looked over to Jason and Nico, who looked bored out of their minds but I still couldn't help my smile from growing. Then Hazel, little Hazel who looked right back at me with those bright curious eyes that have endeared me from the start.

"Because I now have them in my life, I'm stuck with them. I learned that you can't run from something that is bound to happen or turn into something beautiful. Now I'm off to college.."
My heart panted against my chest at the very thought of leaving here, but I still kept my eyes up.
"To make new memories, but still keep the old ones. It's been a pleasure going to this school and I can only hope the best for the rest of all of you brilliant graduates sitting before me. Thank you."

• • •

"Congratulations baby!" Percy hugged me tight, nearly lifting me off the ground. I smiled burying my face into his neck. "I love you."
Percy put me down and held my face so he could look at me. "And I love you."