Epilogue my dudes

"And next up on the block is Percy Jackson, representing Greece for the 2022 Olympics here in Beijing China."

My boyfriend's name rang through the echoey swimming house, the accent of the English announcer prominent.

After graduating Harvard with my masters and a degree in architecture, I moved to Greece where Percy was and started a small firm in which I own "Amazeing Architecture."

Percy and I moved into an apartment in Athens which is only a few minutes away from where his father—Poseidon lives with his family.
Meeting Percy's dad was probably the scariest moment of my life, and I've been through some pretty scary shit.

He was kind of judgmental at first...his son dating a blonde American girl who had no business in being in his life but I think he finally warmed up to me.
He'll have to anyways, because I think I'm here for the long haul.

Percy had his back arched up in the air and his head was down so I couldn't see his face. He had the Greek flag design on his swim cap and blue goggles on that he never lets me touch because he's super superstitious about them. My smile widened at the thought.

The horn sounded and Percy dove, cutting across the water like his life depended on it.
I don't know how it's possible, but in the past four years, Percy's speed has gotten ever faster. People are saying that he might be faster than Michael Phelps. (I think he is)

The whole meet was terrifyingly thrilling to watch but when it ended, I don't think I have ever been so relieved for something to be over.

Percy pulled himself out of the pool and was greeted with people who gave him towels and water, patting his pack as he stood up and took off his cap and goggles.

"And Percy Jackson with the time of 1:36.00." I vaguely heard the announcer but I was too busy pushing y way through people to hug my Seaweed Brain.

I locked eyes with the sea green I have loved from the beginning and ran into his arms like they do in those cliche movies. My life is pretty cliche though so who cares?

"You did amazing." I murmured into his neck. I felt eyes on us and also heard the clicking sounds from pictures being taken. Comes with it when you're dating a famous Olympian swimmer I guess. Percy looked down at me with a fond smile which had me raising an eyebrow. "What?"
Percy shrugged his shoulders, kissing my forehead.

I eventually let him go so he could change and see his teammates. He told me he wanted to take me out later to celebrate and I said yes for this was none of the ordinary.

He came out with his hair still damp but a fresh blue shirt and shorts on with tennis shoes. He swung an arm around my shoulders and led me out of the aquatic center with eyes following us all the way out.

I can proudly say that I am almost fluent in Greek no thanks to Percy because he's a terrible tutor and has the grammar of a five year old but I'm just glad I can finally understand what everyone's saying—especially Poseidon because he likes to torment me by NEVER wanting to talk in English when I'm around.

"Where are we going?" I laughed as we awkwardly walked along the street with Percy's hands covering my eyes. "Be patient love." Percy kissed the side of my neck endearingly.
"You know I have no patience." I huffed crossing my arms.
"Well I'm pretty sure you can go this one time with patience because you'll love it."
His voice was laced with humor and something else...anxiety?
Can you have anxiety in your voice? Ah who cares.

The sun felt nice and there was a nice breeze. A perfect day for whatever Percy was about to show me.
He suddenly stopped and I felt like we were standing in front of something. "Ok I'm going to uncover your eyes but you have to keep them closed until I say so."
I smiled feeling my pulse quicken in excitement. "Ok Ok hurry up I want to know."
Percy chuckled as he lifted his warm hands away from my face. I kept my eyes closed like he had told me too but was so close to opening them to peek.
"No peeking." Percy's voice sounded a bit farther away now.
"Percy get on with it I'm getting nervous!" I couldn't keep the smile off my face though.
"Ok ok." I heard him inhale shakily before he finely said, "Open them."

I did and what was in front of me was most likely the best sight I have ever seen. And I have been to some pretty cool places with Percy so that's saying a lot.
A palace, probably the most gorgeous piece of architecture I have ever seen, with every color you could imagine stood tall and proud. The blue sky complimenting the bright red very nicely.
That wasn't the most beautiful part though. Percy Jackson, my beautiful Seaweed Brain of a boyfriend, was knelt down on one knee holding a small blue box with a small pearl ring.

My hands flew to my mouth as if I were about to be sick. But I was anything but sick in that moment. Just a million times more in love with this boy than I already was.

"Annabeth." Percy started shakily, his green eyes unsure and scared. "You know how much I love you, how I would do anything to make that gorgeous smile appear on your face. We've been through shit but not once did I ever doubt my love for you. It will always be you Wise Girl. I want to start a family with you and grow old with you, never leaving your side because I promised I never would again. Please Annabeth, Wise Girl—will you please marry me?"

Tears streaked my face and I still couldn't move my hands from my face, afraid that if I did, I would break down right then and there. "Yes Percy oh my God yes!" I jumped on him, catching him completely off but I don't care, I kissed him bruising-ly hard.  I felt him smell against my lips as I also felt him take my left hand, slipping the gorgeous ring onto my finger. I hugged his neck while he held me, still crouched on the ground. I heard some people clap and I have never felt so complete. "Gods I fucking love you." I whispered into his neck.

His chest rumbled with quiet laughter and I felt him place a kiss on my mass of curls.
"Language—I fucking love you too."
The End