Past is last and new is first

Warning: Painful long back story ahead

Annabeth's POV
It felt weird holding hands with Percy again, him swinging our arms with a dopey smile on his face as he kept on glancing down at me. It was the good kind of weird though. I weird that I forgot how much I missed him and how happy he made me feel.

We weaved through people on the on the busy sidewalks of Manhattan, me glancing at the windows with beautiful dresses but really was looking up at Percy. His smile never disappeared and it warmed my heart to see him like this, all because of me...
Another part of me was on alert mode, waiting to see Mark's heartbroken face and the sufferable feeling deep down inside came back. Percy seemed to notice and squeeze my hand. "You alright Love?"
I looked up and saw worry clearly visible in his bright eyes, as if he was worried that I have been doubting us, which I guess I am kind of doing. I smiled and hugged into his side, wrapping both of my arms around his slim waist, already feeling the anxieties that haunted my body moments before disappear as his arm wrapped around my shoulders.

We walked the rest of the way in silence, his arm still wrapped around my waist and mine around his. We decided to eat at this small diner—Stardust, because Percy was craving a burger. When is he not though?

We were seated at a booth in the corner next to a window where the sun was shining through the dirty glass. Percy sat across from me but didn't let go of my hands. "We probably need to talk about a few things." I sighed knowing he was right, I was anxious to know what had happened while he was back home. How he is now rich and why he had picked to be on the Greek Olympic team when he wanted to be on the American one just a mere year ago.

Percy didn't say anything for a while, looking conflicted like he was thinking of what to tell me or where to start. I decided to make the first move. "What happened when you were in Athens?"
Percy's eyes flicked up and I was again amazed of how startling green they are. "What?"
"Percy you came back with a completely different lifestyle. You live in one of the nicest apartments in Manhattan and you have new clothes. What happened?"
I could see Percy's jaw shifting back and forth, evidence of him grinding his teeth. "I..my dad..he's um..." Percy cleared his throat and shook his head.
I nodded my head, urging him to continue. "My dad is a multi-millionaire business man." Percy said flatly. I sat there for a moment, unsure what to do. "What?"
Percy sighed pulling away his hands from mine and running a hand through his unkept hair. "He..it's a really long story."
"I have time." I leaned back into the booth and looked at him expectingly. Because in truth, I do have time, and I'm willing to take my time with him. Percy looked at me with an uncertain look before shrugging his shoulders and crossing his arms. "How many hours do you have?"

Accident

Coma

Money

Olympics

Wake up

Fights

America

1 more month

I don't know how long we sat there, but in that time sitting in that booth with Percy, I learned more about him than I have ever learned about anybody. To think I actually once knew and dated this guy. Percy Jackson, son of one of the most well known Olympian swimmers in the world—faster than Michael Phelps himself, it just...blew me away.

Poseidon Jackson started off as top of his class when he was training to be a Navy SEAL. That was around the time when he met Sally Jackson, an 18 year old girl who managed to catch the eye of one of the most wealthiest men in Greece. Sally was poor and didn't live the extravagant lifestyle Poseidon did but he loved her anyway. Though they never got married, Sally did birth a new son, her first and Poseidon's second. Poseidon had no idea that she was pregnant because she ran away, away from him and away from something that could've made her new life a whole lot easier.