Helpless

Annabeth's POV
I can't sleep. I can't eat. And gods forbid I cannot concentrate on anything.
You want to know why?
Well it's because he keeps giving me the look.
Don't know what look I'm referring too?
No so it's the look that means—I want to take you down right now and fuck your brains out kind of look.
And he gives me this look every single fucking time he gets the chance.
I swear this guy is bipolar. One second he's ignoring me and is moody and then the next he is basically going out of his way to make me feel as uncomfortable as possible.
Percy Jackson will be the end of me. Period. He knows I'm still with Mark. He knows I'm trying to make this relationship with him work. But gods he does the exact opposite of what I want him to do!
And he knows the effect it has on me. He knows that I do want to run into his arms and kiss him and eventually more but I can't because I'm trying to be in a normal relationship!
It's the way he looks at me. His usually bright sea green eyes will become darker and it's like he just stares into my soul! Gah I need to get over myself! This is all just in my head!
My head my ass!
Now that this year is finally coming to an end, I have been working like a mad woman trying to finish my college applications and community service hours that it has all just become to much. Along with trying to keep a stable relationship with a guy who loves me and is to good for me...I swear life is out to get me.
So when someone grabbed me by the arm and pulled me into a closet, I was honestly ok with it.
Not.
"Hey I need to talk to you." Percy said cutting me off from a string of colorful language.
"Percy? Why—what?"
"I need to talk to you." He repeated looking somewhat annoyed.
I jerked my arm away from his grasp. "Why the hell did you pull me in here with you?! Do you know how weird this will look when we come out?!"
Percy rolled his eyes.
"Annabeth I'm sick of this! I am sick of pretending that everything is ok when it is clearly not!"
I put my hands on my hips. "What are you talking about Percy? Everything is fine. You're the one you thinks otherwise."
Percy put his hands in the air. "You're doing it again! You pretend like there's no tension and there really—"
"Isn't." I snapped. "We are not having this conversation in a janitors closet when I should be in first period right now."
Percy looked at me with a very annoyed expression.
"Yes well this is the only way for me to get your attention without you running off. Are you scared of me or something?"
"What? No!" I snorted blindly grabbing for the door knob.
He took my arm again preventing me to leave.
"Stop."
He had the look again. That annoyingly attractive look that scares me as much as arouses me.
"Stop looking at me like that!" I hissed.
Percy looked confused. "Like what?"
"Like you want to—just—Gah! I need to go now."
I tried making my way out of the cramped space.
"Not until you tell me how you feel about me." Percy looked earnest.
I scoffed. "I am not processing my love for you in a janitors closet."
A small smile slowly appeared on his tan face.
I cursed myself for what just came out of my mouth.
"No I mean—"
"You still love me." Percy muttered barely audible. He looked like he didn't believe it himself.
"Look that's not what I meant I really need to go." My cheeks were probably redder than an over ripe tomato. Percy stared at me for a while. For some reason, my feet wouldn't move. It's like I was stuck there.
Percy took one step closer to me which was all he could do because it's so fucking cramped in here. "When are you just going to wake up and realize that we belong together?" He whispered sending chills so cold it hurt down my spine.
I bit my bottom lip to prevent myself from saying anything else that would be embarrassing.
"You're not stopping me." He spoke and it was to late because once I felt his warm hand cup my cheek, I was helpless.
He kissed me and I sighed. Almost as if I were relieved. What am I doing? Kissing my ex boyfriend like this for the third time when I have a boyfriend?!
But logic has clearly not been on my side lately. I pulled him closer to deepen this searing kiss he started. This time it was me who started the fire. But this time the fire would be to big to put out.
"Stop lying to yourself." He whispered against my lips. "Please."
"Ok." Was all I said, giving into the kiss completely. Letting this boy take over all of my senses and worries.
I don't know what I'm doing right now. But I'm to helpless to stop it.