Thunder mifflin

Annabeth's POV
"Stop." I pulled away from the kiss that I desperately wanted to keep going.
Percy leaned in again. "Stop what?" His lips captured mine once again and I felt like I was in euphoria.
"I can't be...I can't be kissing you while I'm dating someone." I broke the lovely kiss once again making him look a tad annoyed.
"Are you not happy with me?" He asked confused and angry at the same time.
"Percy I am dating someone else right now!" I hissed pushing him away. "This is cheating!"
Percy's eyes narrowed at me. "I can't seem to understand why you keep letting this happen then if you are so happy with him."
"Letting what happen?" I crossed my arms.
Percy put his arms in the air helplessly. "Kissing me! You seem to enjoy it as much as I do! What is it about Mark that makes you want to stay with him when you clearly still like me?!"
I scoffed feeling light headed by this sudden out bursts. "Stop. I'm with Mark now...I..I don't love you anymore."
Percy stared at me with a "seriously?" look.
"Yes right I should of gotten that from the three times you have kissed me."
"You kissed me!" I whispered yelled.
"And you let me." Percy whisper yelled back.
I covered my face with my hands. "I can't be doing this with you right now."
"Fine we can do it later? My place? My room?" Percy had a small smirk on his face like this was amusing. Which it's not. Not in the slightest.
"I need to get to class." I mumbled trying to reach for the door knob behind me.
Percy shrugged. "Very well. I'll see you around love."
I got out of that closet as fast and subtly as possible. I swear if he follows right after me I'm going to—
"Annabeth I've been looking everywhere for you! What were you doing in that...closet?" His eyes were fixated on someone behind me. I turned and saw Percy walking away in the opposite direction. Mark's eyes shifted back to mine. I kept my head down not really wanting to look at him in the eyes. Of course this would happen to me. Of course.
"Annabeth?" Mark's voice made me flinch. I wanted to cry right then and there but I managed to hold the racking sobs wanting to escape my throat as I looked up at him.
He looked torn and confused, and also a bit defeated. He doesn't deserve this. He's to good of a person to have his girlfriend walk out of a closet with her ex.
"Mark I..I.."
"Did he hurt you?" Mark looked angry. I was taken a back. "What?"
"Did he assault you in some sort of way because if he did—"
"What no Mark he did not hurt me!" I Said glancing behind to see that Percy was no longer in the hallway.
"Then why..?" Mark's face stilled. "Oh. Oh!" I covered my face. "Stop no it's not what you—" "I think I know exactly what this is Annabeth!" Mark snapped looking as pissed as I ever seen him. "God I knew there was something going on! But you! My own girlfriend? How could you do this Annabeth!"
Other students started to stare at the scene he was making. A scene he had a right to make after what I just did.
Mark pressed his forefingers to his eyebrows as he thought.
"Can we Please do this somewhere else?" I asked hugging my self. Mark looked at me with a hard set glare but then realized how many people had starting watching and nodded.

Now that we were outside and alone, I started crying and probably looked like a mess. Mark looked at me and I saw his eyes were getting red. "Annabeth I thought we were perfect for one another! I thought you loved me!"
I didn't say anything. I knew that in the back of my head that something like this would eventually happen. I tried so hard to love Mark the same way I loved Percy. I tried so so hard! I tried getting over Percy and for a while I thought I did because everything was going so well with my new boyfriend who treated me so well and was so kind. A guy like Mark doesn't deserve a girl like me. A girl who can't keep a relationship longer than a year. A girl who is still helplessly in love with her ex boyfriend.
Through blurry eyes and tears, I could see Mark walking closer to me. "Annabeth don't you love me?"
Yes! I wanted to say. Yes I do love you Mark and I am so done with Percy Jackson! I couldn't seem to form a sentence though. All I could do was watch the guy who I thought was perfect for me stand in front of me looking so hopelessly defeated. It's like he knows my answer but needs me to clarify it. I don't want to though. I don't want any of this to be real. "Annabeth talk to me!" Mark yelled. Everything went blank. I looked into the eyes of the boy in front of me. He stood there waiting for me to respond. Then I looked past him. My eyes fell on a certain pair of sea green eyes that looked guilty but also happy. He knows he had won. He knows that by doing what he did, I would finally realize what I want. I looked back at Mark who was waiting for an answer. "I'm sorry." My voice was shaky and quiet.
Mark's face fell. "It's not you Mark. You're perfect and I want to love you the way you did me but.." I shook my head. "I just can't."
Mark looked behind him and saw Percy who was standing from a close distance. "You fucking bastard. This is your fault!"
Percy kept a steady and calm expression on his scarred face. Mark looked back at me. "You would still be with me if this freak hadn't come and destroyed it all!"
Percy slowly made his way over to us until he was right in front of Mark. "I do not control what she feels and neither do you."
Mark looked into his eyes with absolute hate. "You were never good enough for her Jackson. You never treated her right!"
Percy caught my eye. "You're right. I am not good enough for her. Nobody is." I wanted to die right there.
This is every girl's dream. Having a big showdown in the middle of the hallway with two guys fighting over you. Well let me tell you something ladies. It is no dream. It is a fucking nightmare that I don't know how to wake up from.
Percy was still looking at me in concern. Like he was afraid I might collapse or something. I may be rattled, but this ain't no Hollywood movie boys. "Stop." I Said suddenly earning both boys to look at me.
Mark looked at me and then Percy who still had his eyes on me making me feel self conscious under his burning gaze. "I'm sorry Mark." I Said looking at him. "This cannot work. I'm sorry." Mark stayed silent but looked like he wanted to say a million other things. I never gave him the chance.
I took off running to gods knows where. I'm done.