Love?

Lena walked into the med-bay after putting their lunches away. "Amelie I think we need to talk about King's row."
Amelie looked nervous that Lena mentioned this, but she knew that should would sooner or later.
"Oi, so in King's row you admitted something to me and I wanted to verify if it was true." Lena thought she was gonna be disappointed in Amelie's answer but it she felt the opposite. "Cherie, I do care for you very much, so I do verify that I....." Amelie grew nervous. Does she feel the same?. "That I love you, ma Cherie. I just thought you wouldn't want to be with.." Amelie held up her blue hand so both can see it. "This. The thing I have become. The weapon they made me into. You could find such a better partner other than me. I mean look at you, then look at me. I just feared that you wouldn't feel the same." Amelie finished. "BUT I DO." Lena nearly shouted with such enthusiasm that it almost made Amelie bounce back in surprise. "But why would do you?" Amelie was confused. "Because I always loved you." Lena stated before she leaned in and kissed Amelie. It was a kiss of not lust, but love. The love that the two felt for each other. They have been through so much, the both of them thought that they could fix each other. When they pulled apart. Amelie had tears down her face. Lena just wiped them away. And the two laid there as they fell asleep in each other's arms peacefully.