Chapter Twenty-Two

Breakfast was amazing.

It was the first time in two months that I had nasty unhealthy food. I walked out of the restaurant with a smile on my face and two hands on my very full stomach, while Zak was disgusted with himself.

"I am never letting you choose where we eat ever again" he moaned as he rubbed his stomach.

We were both so full, causing us to practically waddle towards Zak's car.

Just before Zak got into the driver's seat, his phone rang.

"Zak Bagans" he spoke into the phone.

For about a minute he said nothing, he just nodded his head and hummed for yes.

"Okay thank you very much. Tell him I send my thanks anyway" he ended the call. After he put his phone down he sighed and rubbed his forehead with his fingertips.

"What's wrong? Who was that on the phone?" I asked.

Zak turned his body towards me, put his arms on top of the car and leaned forward.

"That was Father Bryan's assistant. Turns out the minor case he was working on somewhere in Minnesota, has now turned into a full scale possession. Meaning, he is unable to help us with our problem"

I groaned. "Of course he isn't. We still have the psychic coming to help us though right?"

He nodded. "I'm sure that's all we need; it's nothing more than a little spirit attachment"

I nodded and got into the car after Zak.

I hope that's all it is.

*************

To pass the time, Zak showed me around the city of Vegas. He pointed at some of the places he had investigated for his show and good (all organic) places to eat. He even drove by his Haunted Museum, and made sure to promise he would take me in there after this whole spirit attachment was over.

By the time it was one o'clock, it was time to head back home and meet the psychic.

"She's really nice, kind and gentle, nothing about her is scary. Plus she definitely not fake because she's helped me out on my show before. She's definitely the real deal"

When we pulled up to the house I was immediately drawn to the foreign car in front of our home.

"She's early" Zak mumbled as he pulled up to the house and parked in the driveway. As we exited the car, we were greeted by a very old woman in a white sweater and jeans.

She was so quiet that when she came up behind Zak to say hello, he jumped. Both her and I laughed as his face went red from embarrassment.

"Hello Zak" she greeted and warmly shook his hand. "Nice to see you again" she smiled.

"Hello Patti. Thank you for coming to help us" she graciously smiled at Zak's welcome and walked toward me.

When she was close enough she grabbed both of my hands and loosely held them.

"You must be Charlie" the second we touched, you could feel the energy radiating off of her.

I nodded and gave a small smile. "I am"

She was feeling for something, it was quite obvious. She just held my hands and looked deep into my soul for a good minute. When she let go, I knew she saw something, because she wasn't smiling anymore. After that, she just walked away from me and toward Zak.

As we walked into the house she stood beside Zak and whispered something in his ear. I was still able to make it out.

"Whatever has attached itself to her is definitely evil; but it is no demon" she hushed.