Chapter Forty-One

To my dismay, Zak only let me drive around the neighborhood. He told me that the guys had other presents for me and that I had plenty of time to cruise around the city.

When we arrived back home, I parked my car in the driveway and got out. I made sure to look back at the car one last time before going back inside. Zak just laughed and led me toward the front doors of the house.

We were immediately greeted by the guys. I noticed they were still covered in rainbow confetti which glittered in the reflection of the light.

"Happy birthday sweetheart" Aaron said once again, before he enveloped me in a bear hug. He smelt like paint and a hint of cologne.

"Thanks Aaron" I smiled. I wiped off some of the confetti that had been transferred onto me.

He walked over to the other side of the room and picked up a brown box. He brought it back over to me with excitement written all over his face.

"I made this for you" He smiled. "I hope you like it" He gently put it in my arms.

I set the box on the kitchen counter and carefully opened it, making sure if it was fragile I wouldn't break it. Once I fully opened it and looked inside, my heart swelled.

Inside was a painting he had made. In the center of the painting, was clearly the silhouette of a girl. Her arms were held out toward the sky. She was surrounded by different colors, all lighter and vibrant shades. But surrounding the vibrant colors was complete darkness. I wasn't an art expert, but it was clear that it was the girl was producing the colors and light, which was pushing the darkness away. I flipped the painting over to reveal the title Aaron had given his artwork.

"Our Charlie" I read it aloud. It was in the most beautiful cursive writing I had seen.

I started to tear up. This had been the best birthday I had ever had.

When Aaron saw that I was starting to cry, his face went to happiness to guilt. "Oh my god! I am so sorry Charlie! Please don't cry, this wasn't supposed to make you cry"

I laughed through the tears. "I'm not crying because I'm sad. I'm so happy. I am so happy to have loving people in my life. And this painting is the most beautiful thing I have ever been given" I hugged Aaron.

Aaron let out a sigh of relief, and I wiped the tears away.

Billy and Jay walked up to me with yet another brown box. "This one is from all of us" Billy grinned.

Jay handed me the box, (which was much heavier than Aarons) and clasped his hand together. I looked around and noticed all the guys were looking at me with anticipation.

I put the box on the counter beside Aarons and opened it. The first thing I saw was a Ghost Adventures Crew hoodie (that was actually my size). I looked at Zak and smiled. He just nodded on to keep digging through the box. And so I did. The next thing I saw was a black infrared camera with my name on it. As I kept digging I noticed everything in the box was Ghost Adventures equipment. There was only one thing this meant. I looked up at the guys, who all had massive smiles plastered on their faces.

"Welcome to the Ghost Adventures Crew Charlie"

**************************

The rest of the day was spent with all the guys showing me how all the cameras worked, how to change it to night vision, how to work the spirit box, how to work the Ovilus, etc. We hadn't even finished going through everything by the time everyone decided it was time to go home.

I hugged everyone goodbye and all of them wished me a happy birthday once more. Zak and I stood at our front doors and watched as everyone drove away in their cars.