Chapter Thirty-Three

It had been weeks since I was admitted to the hospital, and all I've been able to do is make myself twitch. Not to mention, Zak looks like absolute shit and barely leaves my room.

"Zak, you need to get out and have a shower. When Charlie wakes up, I don't think she's gonna wanna see how disgusting you look"

Too bad they don't know I can see everything.

I've decided that I'm halfway through the point of life and death, that's why my soul is no longer in my body, and why I'm not dead yet. I'm just, stuck.

"What if she wakes up and I'm not here? How is that gonna look Aaron?" Zak was being a real piece of work these last few weeks.

"How about this, if Charlie squeezes my hand, I'll go home and clean up. How does that sound?"

Aaron grumbled, knowing the chance of me squeezing his hand was very low.

"Fine" Aaron said annoyed. "But let me be the one to tell her" he said.

Aaron walked over to my bedside across from Zak and whispered in my ear. I heard it crystal clear.

"Charlie, I'm sure it's very hard to move right now, but if you know what's best for your dad, I need you to try as hard as you possibly can and squeeze his hand"

"Now's your moment Charlie" I whispered to myself.

I squeezed my eyes shut and concentrated as hard as I could, but nothing happened.

They both sighed in defeat. "Maybe another day Charlie" Aaron said. Just as he was about to walk out, my foot jolted.

They both looked each other in the eyes, and then back at me.

"Charlie?" Zak whispered. "Do that one more time" Added Aaron.

Once again, I focused onto moving my foot, but this time I squeezed Zak's hand.

He jumped in happiness. I watched in delight as Zak and Aaron hugged each other. They were both so happy, and it was just because I moved a foot and a hand.

"She's going to be okay" Aaron said. "Now go and have a shower, you smell worse than most of the abandoned buildings we've investigated"

Zak chuckled. "Okay watch her for me and call me if anything else happens"

Zak put on his jacket and kissed me on the forehead. I smiled as I felt his love overcome me.

"I promise. Now go shower!" Aaron yelled, but Zak was already gone.

"Good job Charlie. All we have to do now is get you to open your eyes"

Tell me about it.

******************************

I was getting tired of watching everyone mope around me. It was as if I was dead.

I was really starting to miss being fully alive.

Zak had come back, fully shaved, and smelling much better than before. He was sitting at my bedside again, holding my hand. For the past couple weeks he hasn't even been sleeping in the guest bed beside me, he would fall asleep holding my hand with his head on the edge of the bed.

He had so much better things to do than to sit at my bedside and be depressed. Ghost Adventures even took a break from filming until I woke up. All of them were looking like they were missing out on the action in their lives.

Every time it got too depressing in my room, I would walk around the hospital. Usually you would see someone being rushed in, the occasional death, but I was the only 'Half-Ghost' in the hospital. I was badly hoping for someone to join me in the 'In-Between'. I was so lonely.