Chapter Fifty-One

I'm back bitches!!!

-------------------------------------

When I opened my eyes the next morning, I couldn't hear any birds. I rolled over and looked at my phone, only to be disappointed when no new notifications showed up on my screen. Today was the big day. Tonight we were going to do our investigation of Blackwater Prison, and the only thing I was feeling was nervous. A knock at my door made pulled me away from my anxious thoughts. I didn't answer, if it was someone important they could find a way to come in without me answering the door.

And that was exactly what they did.

The familiar electrical unlocking of the door clicked, and in walked Zak.

"Wakey-Wakey sunshine" I groaned and pulled the covers above my head. When he said nothing else after a few seconds, I peeked over the thick duvet to see him standing in front of the bed with his arms crossed. Of course my thoughts immediately raced and thought he had found out about me leaving last night. My heart skipped a few beats.

"You need to get dressed, we are heading out to the prison in an hour and start setting everything up" I groaned and covered my face with the duvet again. I dug my head into the pillow underneath my head and groaned again.

"Charlie" Zak said in his dad voice. I didn't say anything back.

"Fine" I heard him whisper. Next thing I know, I feel the warm covers being tugged. I stuck my head out and glared. Zak was pulling the covers off of me and the bed. So, I tugged back.

"Don't you dare" I glared. Zak gave a slightly amused smile.

"Watch me" all he did was give a slight tug, and the blanket was snatched right out of my hands.

I frowned. "You make it look so easy"

He chuckled. "Now get dressed, were gonna be downstairs eating breakfast in half an hour, then we leave" He walked out of the room after that, leaving me lying on the bed without a warm blanket to cover me.

*************************

"Are we all ready to go?" Zak was standing in the walkway of the bus. We all nodded as he scanned each one of us.

"Okay, let's roll" he turned around to tell Bacon to start the bus, and then walked down the walkway and sat next to me on the couch.

"Are you excited?" he had the biggest grin on his face.

I nodded. I didn't want to tell him about anything I'd experienced yesterday. If I did, there was no way he would let me enter the prison, let alone come into 200ft of it.

"I'm super pumped, I just hope it doesn't go the same way and the Levik Asylum did" he nodded in agreeance.

"That won't happen, I'll make sure of it" he smiled. "This time you'll be in my view the entire investigation. You're in safe hands" he grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

I gave him a fake smile. I knew that he would do anything to make sure I was safe, but I still had that feeling deep down in the pit of my stomach, that something was very, very wrong.

Zak stood up and began to walk away, but not before he gave me a stern look. "And remember, no going off on your own, during the day or night, okay?"

"Got it" I looked away from him and pulled out my phone. I plugged my headphones in my ears and played my bus ride playlist. Nothing would take away this anxious feeling.

********************

The bus ride to the prison flew by. As we all exited the bus, Amy greeted us, but this time she was with a familiar face. My heart dropped when I recognized him.