Chapter Fifty-Six

(Zak POV)

"What the hell do you mean you lost her?!" I yelled at Aaron. "I left her with you because you were going to B block! You were supposed to keep her safe and you still lost her!"

Aaron looked down in disappointment. "Everything was fine, I just pulled the spirit box out when something wrapped its hands around my feet, I told her to run, but she must've gotten lost"

I turned away from Aaron and pulled at my hair.

"Zak, we will find her, this prison is only so big and all the doors are locked. Wherever she is, it's in this prison"

Billy had a good point. There wasn't an infinite amount of places Charlie could hide here.

"Okay, We split up. I want each one of you to go to a cell block, Jay, you stay here and watch the cameras, hopefully she'll turn up in one of them" They all nodded and grabbed their flashlights. "Remember guys, Charlie told us something nasty was in the prison, so be on alert"

I watched Billy and Aaron leave the base room and turned to Jay.

"We will find her. She's your daughter Zak, she's one hell of a smart cookie"

I patted Jay on the back and grabbed my flashlight.

Here I come Charlie

****************

(Charlie POV)

Since Nora left, I spent the time by trying to escape the cell.

So far I had tried to climb to the top and call for help, but nothing worked. I was sitting on the dirt ground trying to remove the dirt from under my nails and waiting for Nora to return when a loud bang rumbled to walls of the cell I was in.

"Shit" I whispered.

I stood up and raised my head to look back up at the metal bars above me. There was no way I was getting out of here without help. I sunk my head down at the ground, only to find Nora standing right beside me.

"Holy shit Nora!" I breathed and covered my still-healing heart. "You can't just sneak up on people like that!"

She just stared at me without emotion, making me feel incredibly uncomfortable.

"Your friends are looking for you. They seemed very upset"

My body suddenly felt warm with joy.

"Thank God. Were you able to talk to them?"

She shook her head. "I'm afraid I don't have enough energy to reach out to them"

"Nora. You are the only thing that can get me out of here, how much energy do you need?"

She seemed displeased with my annoyed tone. "I'm going to need a lot... reaching you through that device earlier telling you to get out of here drained me completely"

I pinched my nose in annoyance. "Okay, you're gonna have to drain me"

When I looked back up at Nora, her pasty eyes seemed surprised.

"You're going to let me drain your energy?" I regretfully nodded and held out my arm.

"Please don't make me pass out"

Nora looked at my arm with greed, as if she were a child that just saw an ice cream van. But the look went as fast as it came.

"I'll try hard not to—it's not like I've ever regulated how much energy I've taken"