Chapter Fifty

Alright...So I am going on a trip for a little longer than a week in a few days, so this will probably be my last update until after April 8th. I'm sorry! but I'm going somewhere where I won't be able to take my computer or have WiFi. As soon as I get home, I will post Chapter Fifty-One when I can. Until then..... Enjoy!

****************************

I left the hotel as quickly as possible. The man at the front desk wouldn't stop staring at me and asking if I was okay. I really didn't feel like explaining to a stranger why I saw a dead old woman on the elevator ride down.

"Princess?" a familiar voice caused me to freeze. I slowly turned around to see Bacon, leaning up against the bus with a cigarette in between his fingers. A line of smoke was dancing above it.

I gave him a guilty smile. He just chuckled and motioned me toward him. My sneakers scuffed the asphalt ground as I reluctantly walked in his direction.

"What are you doing out so late? Hmm? Why do I have a strong feeling your dad doesn't know?" He raised an eyebrow.

I pursed my lips at his rhetorical question. "Are you going to tell him?"

He laughed, causing him to cough. "Of course not. Just wherever you're going, you better be back in an hour. If you aren't back by-" he checked his watch "10:45, then I will tell him"

"So what? You're like my second dad now?"

"No,of course not. I'm more of the fun uncle type of guy" He gave a sly grin.

I let out a sigh. "Fine, it's a deal"

I stuck my hand out and he shook it. I was just about to walk away, when I turned around and faced him again.

"Can I steal one of those?"

*******************************

This was the first time in a long time that I had no idea where I was going. I just strolled down the streets of downtown Phoenix, slowly puffing away at the lone cigarette Bacon had given me. I spotted a nearby wooden bench and sat on it as I watched as cars passed by. I crossed one leg over the other and flicked the finished smoke into the street before me.

After fifteen minutes, I felt the bench lower and looked over to see a dark figure beside me. I felt my heart speed up, but I remained calm. He had a leather jacket on with the hood up over his head, with a white tee and jeans. I'm not going to lie; the smell of his cologne was out of this world. He leaned back, turned to me and pushed the hood behind his head.

His dark brown eyes looked me up and down as I did the same. The corner of his mouth turned upward causing a slight flutter in my stomach.

"I'm Nick" he looked at me for a response. I quickly turned my head away and looked down.

"And I'm not interested" he laughed.

"That's not what it looked like a few seconds ago" I slightly smiled. "Ah, she smiles" I turned my head away from him. I was full on smiling now.

"Don't look away, I want to see that pretty face" I slowly turned my head back toward him.

"Don't you have something better to do than flirt with random girls in the middle of the night?"

"I don't flirt with random girls, I only flirt with pretty ones" he was quick, and very, very charming.

I looked him in the eyes and admired the structure of his face. I could tell he was doing the same.

"You have the most beautiful eyes" he whispered. I couldn't help but blush.

He cleared his throat and rubbed his palms on his knees, the same thing Zak did when he first met me. "So, uh, what is your name?"