Chapter Sixty-Three

"Dad!" I screamed as I pushed past Aarons arm and ran to my dad. Considering the state his clothes and hair were in, he was at some point in the walls.

But how did he get out?

I shook my thoughts away as I focused on the wellbeing of my father. I watched as his chest moved up and down. I let out of deep breath of relief knowing he wasn't dead.

"What the hell happened?" Aaron looked down at Zak with a look of disbelief.

"We were right, he was in the walls." I dusted dirt and small wood splinters off his jacket.

Aaron sighed and bent down next to Zak's unconscious body. "We should put him on a couch or something, I'm sure the floor isn't too comfortable."

I hummed in agreement. Aaron grabbed Zak's shoulders and began to drag him down the hallway, I held his feet.

A few minutes later Zak was placed on one of many antique looking couches of the museum. Aaron let out a deep breath, ran his hand over his bald head and looked me dead in the eyes.

"Okay Charlie you need to tell me what the hell happened here, because you've barely told me anything."

I shyly looked up from Zak and into Aarons wide eyes.

"Well, I told you about the gramophone, right?" I asked, he nodded.

"Dad told me about it and showed it to me the other day, and it had this unbelievable energy. I knew something really bad was attached to it. It was almost like it was calling to me. So, when I was closing the museum tonight, I decided to check it out alone... which I realize now was a very bad decision."

Aaron was pinching his forehead. He was doing the same thing Zak does when he's frustrated with me. These are the moments where I see Aaron as a second father.

"Then what happened?"

"I, uh, I took the sheet off it to look at it better, and from there it's been hell."

Aaron sighed. "What about the woman in white I saw?"

I shrugged. "My best guess is that she's the spirit behind all this. I've never seen or felt anything like her since the gramophone showed up."

Aaron groaned and threw his neck back in frustration.

"I was going to have a nice night and watch The Wheel of Fortune tonight, but no, I have to look for a terrifying ghost that puts people in walls."

A small smile played on my lips as I watched Aaron. A sudden movement below me made me look down to see Zak moving.

"Dad!" I smiled and helped him sit up.

He slowly opened his eyes and viciously blinked in attempt to fix his vision.

"What-What happened?" He groaned.

I looked at Aaron, then back at Zak.

"You, uh, you were stuck in the walls." I gave a half smile and pursed my lips.

Zak shot his head toward me and stared at me with a shocked glance.

"What?"

"You were in the walls."

"Yeah, I heard that part, but how I did get in there?"

I thought about what to tell him, but he would understand better than anyone else.

"A spirit."

Zak's mouth opened in shock. Everything was quiet while Zak thought about what to say.