Chapter Twenty-Nine

Well, nine votes is close enough... well done readers!

*********************************************

When I was a little girl, I had a friend named Danielle. Everyone called her Danny because she acted like a boy; she took taekwondo, played soccer and football, and always wore basketball shorts wherever she went. She was an outcast like me, and that was why we were friends. One time we were wrestling in her backyard when she pushed on a part of my neck and it caused me to let go of her and drop to the ground. She said she had learned it in her taekwondo class that day. I was supposed to sleepover at her house that night, but her mom pointed out some suspicious bruises on my arms, so I faked sick and made my mom pick me up, who ended up sending the neighbor. That was the last time I saw Danny. She died that night from drowning in her pool; she didn't know how to swim. The only sport she didn't learn led to her death. I never forgot Danny, and I never forgot the last thing she taught me.

Zak was carrying me to the basement of the museum when I remembered what Danny taught me. So, with all my might I pushed right underneath his skull and beside the jugular vein. He dropped me the second I did it. When he let go of me, we were at the top of the stairs, causing us both the tumble down the steps onto a concrete floor. I screeched when I hit the ground and felt an immediate burning feeling in my right ankle. I looked over at Zak to see what happened to him, but he was limp, it seemed he'd fallen right on his head and knocked himself out.

"Dad?" I moaned. The hope in my voice was unmistakable. I was badly hoping whatever was in him was now gone.

I slowly crawled over to him. "Dad?" maybe whatever had taken control of his body was gone.

After slapping his face he moaned, which indicated he was still alive. I sighed a breath of relied and crawled up the stairs, dragging my sprained ankle behind.

I crawled across the room and sat against the wall that was across from the stairway entrance to the basement. I sat there staring across the room until nine in the morning when Billy came in to see how we were doing.

He must have been shocked to find me, red-eyed and wild looking. Not to mention the museum was a mess, things that were once hung on the walls were everywhere and everything was overturned. Billy immediately asked and I quote "What in the actual fuck, fucking happened?"

It took me a few seconds to respond and when I did it, was in a cracked voice. "I'm pretty sure Zak was possessed. Whatever is was tried to kill me"

He just looked at me dumbfounded. "Jesus, are you okay? Where is Zak?"

I shrugged; the adrenaline was still pumping through me. I had no idea if I was okay or not.

I slowly pointed to the doorway to the basement. "We fell down those stairs and then he blacked out, he hasn't made a sound since. And yes he was alive when I left him down there"

"Oh my fucking God" Billy said and covered his mouth. "Do you think he's back to normal now?"

I shrugged. "Maybe? He groaned when I called him dad, like four or five hours ago"

Billy ran his hands over his face. "Okay I'm going to go down there, and if I yell run then you run... okay?"

I nodded. "Okay"

There's no way I was going to be able to run on this ankle.

Billy took a deep breath and slowly walked downstairs. I heard some mumbling, and the very loud groan, which I recognized as Zak's.

After a few seconds of nothing, I yelled. "Is he okay?" after no answer I decided to stand up and limp toward the top of the stairs. Below, I could see Billy helping Zak up and putting his arm over his shoulder.