Chapter Fifty-Eight

Okay, so I have to deliver some unfortunate news. As we near the 60th chapter, I have decided to finish this story. I can't tell you which chapter will be the last, but this story definitely wont make it to chapter 65. On a good note, this story wasn't even supposed to make it to 30 chapters, I originally started writing it just so it would be short and sweet, but damn was I wrong. Two of the main reasons I've decided to stop writing this is because I've come across a lot of writers block and I've never had to deal with that until the most recent chapters, but also because I don't want this story to never end and seem like it is going on for too long. Thank you for everyone who has personally messaged me, voted, or commented, logging onto wattpad to see them always made my day.

Anyway, here is the next chapter!

********************

The second we arrived at the hotel from Blackwater Prison we got off the bus and went to sleep.

That was a day ago. Since then, out of all the guys I had only seen Aaron and that was only because he bought pizza and had to leave his room to pay the delivery man.

I hadn't seen Zak at all, but I knew he was alive. Every once in a while, I would hear him shuffle through his room and close a few doors, other than that—nothing. I wasn't mad, but I was sure tired of being stuck in a hotel room for more than 24 hours. All I wanted to do was go home and sleep in my own bed and go float in the pool, and I missed Gracie.

I was under my warm covers watching a movie when a sudden knocking at my door made me jump in my bed. I quietly walked to the door and looked in the peephole to find Zak, fully dressed, and standing outside with his arms crossed across his chest. I quickly threw my bed hair into a bun and slowly opened the door.

"Yes?" I put my body into the opening of the door, not allowing him to see the inside of my room.

He raised his eyebrow at my secrecy and looked me up and down and gave an amused look.

"Are you still in your pajamas?"

I looked down at myself without shame. "Yes. Why aren't you? I thought we were staying in this hotel until the end of time" The sarcasm was evident.

Zak rolled his eyes. "Really Charlie? The bus was having some problems so we had to stay a little longer until we could leave. Didn't anyone tell you this?"

My eyes widened. "I haven't seen anyone since we got back here from the prison. Wait, no I've only seen Aaron and that was for like a second. After we got back from Blackwater it was like you guys vanished"

The mention of Blackwater made the amusement on Zaks face turn into seriousness.

"About that—"

"Nope" I cut him off. I was not talking about what happened at the prison.

"C'mon Charlie why won't you tell me?"

On the bus ride back, Zak gave me about 15 minutes before asking me about what he saw in the prison, but I refused to tell him.

"Can I at least ask why you won't tell me?"

I gave him a stern glare while I thought about exactly why I wasn't telling him.

"Because"

Wow Charlie you're a real genius

"Because?"

"Because"

Zak threw his head back and groaned. "I don't understand why you won't tell me. Why can't you trust me?"