Chapter Forty-Six

The alarm I had set on my phone woke me up. I immediately hit the snooze button and rolled over. Only a few seconds later, Zak burst into my room.

"Jesus Christ!" I screamed. Good thing I was wearing pajamas, because this would've been much more awkward if I was only wearing undergarments. Zak instantly covered his eyes, regretting he didn't knock.

"Are you decent?" He asked. I huffed and got out of bed.

"Of course I'm decent, but what if I wasn't? You need to knock dad" He uncovered his eyes and gave me an apologetic glance.

"I'm sorry, I didn't even think about knocking" I tiredly rubbed my eyes and waved my hand.

"It's fine. What did you so badly need to talk to me about?"

He pulled out his phone. "Did you get a text from Aaron about the investigation? I haven't received anything from him"

I yawned and walked over to my bedside table. I pulled my phone from its charging cable and checked my text messages without fully reading the information sent to me. "Yeah it's right here. Here, I'll send it to you" I sent him the message. He quickly thanked me as he read his phone.

"Huh. It looks like we're going to Arizona" He looked up from his phone and smiled.

My head shot up from my phone. "Seriously?" He nodded.

"Yeah, I guess we're going to an abandoned prison just outside of it." I furrowed my eyebrows in concentration. I remembered hearing about an abandoned prison just outside of the city. Like almost all abandoned places, it was a hotspot for high schoolers.

"Blackwater Prison" Zak hummed as he scrolled through his phone. "This place has one hell of a history. This'll be fun" He walked out of my room, still glued to his phone.

I crossed my arms and looked out of my window. I was really excited to see Phoenix again. I couldn't express how much I missed it there.

****************************

After getting out of the shower, I dried and straightened my hair. I plowed through my closet and found a clean pair of black ripped jeans, a tight and lower cut black shirt, along with my favorite black leather jacket that Zak bought me.

I walked down the stairs and Aaron whistled, causing Zak protectively to hit him on the arm. "She may be 18, but she's still my kid" Aaron held his hands up in surrender.

I put on my black ankle high boots. "When's the bus coming?" Both of them shrugged.

"Should've been here 15 minutes ago, but Bacon's driving so I'm not surprised"

I opened my mouth to ask who Bacon was, but a honk came outside.

"Bacon's here" Aaron exclaimed and bolted out the door, Zak followed him. I just stood at the front door with my mouth slightly open. Who was Bacon?

I quickly said my goodbyes to Gracie before walking out the door, making sure to listen for the automatic click signalling it's locked. I walked down the driveway toward the large bus parked in front of the house. The doors were open, but no one was in the driver's seat. I stuck my thumbs underneath the straps of my backpack and walked onto the bus.

Billy was sitting on the couch with his head laid back, eyes closed and headphones in his ears. Zak told me earlier that Jay was flying to Phoenix instead of driving with us. I looked ahead and saw Zak and Aaron were standing in the walkway talking about their plans during the investigation. Zak smiled when he saw me walk onto the bus.