Chapter Forty-Seven

The next day started off early. The night prior, Zak and the guys had gotten together to plan out what their plan was, and today we were going to check out the prison and see if we could squeeze in a few interviews.

Blackwater Prison was about an hour outside Phoenix. It was surrounded by empty desert and blistering heat, especially in the summertime. I scrolled through some old articles online, but nothing useful was turning up.

As we rolled up to the abandoned prison, I could keep myself from staring out the window in awe, and neither could the guys. We had all seen the photos taken of the place, but like most things, it was completely different in person.

I looked around the scenery. An old plaque that barely stood up straight read: 1896-1998

This prison was old.

As we all hopped out of the bus, our boots crunched the dry and cracked dirt that kicked dust into the heat. I closed my eyes and waited for a nice and refreshing breeze, but nothing came; just the feeling of the hot and ruthless desert sun.

"Wow" Aaron mumbled as he stared at the entrance to the prison.

"Damn straight" Billy added.

The prison was in ruins. It was too hot for anything to grow, only dead bush and dead weeds litter the dusty ground.

Movement in the distance caught our eyes. We watched as a middle aged woman made her way towards us, her shoulder length red hair bounced with every step she took.

As she got closer to us she held her hand out and shook Zak's.

"Hello there, I'm Amy" She smiled, exposing her white teeth. "You must be Zak" she faced the rest of us. "And his team"

We all said our hello's and waved. When she looked back at Zak, I noticed her eyes lingered a few seconds too long.

"Well, welcome to Blackwater Prison" She held out her hand toward the prison. "I assume you would like to ask me a few questions?" Zak nodded and looked at Aaron, who nodded back and hoisted a very large camera onto his shoulder.

"We do, just step right beside me and I'll ask some questions" He smiled back, but not as flirtatiously as Amy was.

"Ready Aaron? Billy? Jay?" All three had cameras on their shoulders, and each nodded.

"Alright" Zak clapped his hands and looked directly into Aaron's camera. "This is Amy Baker. She is the owner of Blackwater Prison here in Phoenix Arizona" Amy smiled at the camera. "So Amy, have you ever experienced anything paranormal in this prison?" She widened her eyes as she nodded.

"Oh for sure"

"Can you tell us any experiences you've encountered?"

"Well, one time I was in the A block, just walking around, when I heard a sound in one of the cells. So, of course I went to investigate, but as was standing to one of the entrances to the cells, something shoved me in and slammed the door right behind me. It slammed the door so hard, that it jammed and I had to wait for someone to come and let me out"

My eyes widened. Only something with serious anger could do something like that.

"Which cell number was that?" Zak asked.

"Cell number 47 in the A block"

Zak looked at me, making sure I noted the cell number down so we could check out when we went on lockdown.

"Is there a lot of activity in the A block? Did anything serious happen there?"

"The only thing worth mentioning about the A block was the large amount of suicides. There was at least 50 percent higher suicide rate in the A block than any other block in the entire prison. We can't explain it" Amy shrugged.