Chapter Thirty-Two

My heart beat on its own until we reached the hospital. As they were lowering my fragile body off the ambulance, it stopped again.

The female EMT (whose name I later learned was Trisha) jumped on top of me and started giving me chest compressions once again.

I could feel her breaking my ribs she was pushing so hard. 

"Come on sweetie, come back to us" she huffed.

I followed them as they raced toward the operating room, along the way, we ran into Zak.

"Charlie!" he yelled and began to run with the doctors and nurses throughout the hallways.

"What happened to her?!" he yelled. "What happened to my daughter?!" his eyes were swollen red and he looked like shit.

Trisha decided to stop following the doctors and nurses and chose to stay with my dad and tell him what had happened.

"You're her father?" she asked. He nodded.

"Okay, Charlie was shot in the chest by the man who took her from your house earlier today-"

"Shot in the chest! Oh my God how? Is she going to make it?" Zak immediately interrupted.

"Sir" Trisha said. "You need to calm down right now. Charlie needs you more than ever and you're not helping"

He nodded.

"Okay, like I said, Charlie was shot by the man who kidnapped her from your home. He was shot and killed seconds after he shot Charlie. Now, the bullet grazed Charlie's heart, collapsed her right lung and exited right out her back, she is very lucky that the bullet didn't explode in her chest because she would've died right away. Right now she is getting operated on to fix her heart and lung. She will be okay Mr. Bagans okay? Your daughter is one hell of a fighter"

He gave a small smile through his tears. "She really is"

I knew neither could see me right now, but I was smiling at both of them. One person, who barely knew me, knew how much of a fight I had left and the other, who knew everything about me, had the same thoughts.

"I'm sorry for leaving you at the museum dad" I said.

I knew he couldn't hear me, but just in case I died, I wanted him to know how sorry I was.

I followed him as he went into the waiting room. Every single one of the guys were in there. All of them comforting one another.

"She's gonna be okay guys, I know it" Said Zak as he sat down on what looked like to be a very uncomfortable sofa.

They all lightly smiled in return.

They each had their own look of distraught, Aarons looked to be the worst, and he must've felt so guilty for being the one to leave me alone in the house. How could he have known?

He wouldn't have. There is no way this is his fault.

A few minutes of silence turned into a few hours of silence, until one of the doctors came in. He was covered in blood... my blood.

"Zak Bagans?" He called out.

Zak stood up "That's me! How is she?" he asked. He was so worried.

The doctor took a deep breath. "She's going to be just fine for now-"

They all took a deep breath of relief and hugged each other.

"But she's not out of the woods. It really is a miracle that your daughter is still alive, she is quite the fighter"